Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Mid afternoon fasting level today as I was zonked out :wideyed: till then : 6.4
(My sleeping times have become quite erratic since I retired...)

Robbity
And why not, working life dictates rising times but if you want to stay awake til 3 am and sleep til late afternoon......then do as you wish its your time now....

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And why not, working life dictates rising times but if you want to stay awake til 3 am and sleep til late afternoon......then do as you wish its your time now....

:p:p It is indeed, and sleeping seems at the moment to be one of my favourite pastimes! I'm definitely a night owl though, and spent most of my 42 years of working life starting work at the (to me) ungodly hour of 8.15am.

Robbity

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Good morning.

Reactions: 16 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I went to bed on 7.6 last night having pushed the carbs a bit so was not expecting such a good reading this morning.

Reactions: 10 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.3 this morning I'm happy with that, more like my normal figure. and the scales now have me under 11stones!! I can see that magic number 10 now. 13Ib to go and I Will have reached my target. Woohoo!

Reactions: 18 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cold frosty morning, 5.0 fasting. "It may be winter outside, but in my heart it's. ......." :)
No plans to change day job yet. ;-)

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you just make that up PD? :)
Nope, tis true

"Sandancer

Sandancer (or Sanddancer) is a colloquialism used to describe those who come from the town of South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England. Residents of South Shields are often referred to as Geordies, this is incorrect as Geordie only refers to people from Newcastle upon Tyne.

The origins of the term are hotly contested, and they are many theories as to where the term comes from, but very little in the way of hard facts.

There are written accounts dating back to the 1850s describing the skill of the locals 'Dancing on the sand' whilst helping free ships that had become stuck on the beach.[citation needed]

Another popular theory is that it is derived from the term 'Sans Danger', an oblique reference to the town's history of smuggling and contraband of French origin.[citation needed]

Sandancer is considered by some to derive from the large number of Bangladeshi, Yemeni and people from other parts ofAsia who moved to the region between 1900 and 1920. Others claim this dates back as far as Roman times, as the first inhabitants of Arbeia were Syrian boatmen from the Tigris.[citation needed]

Others believe the term derives from a 1930s music hall act, Wilson, Keppel and Betty, which featured a "Sand dance", though as the act was never performed in the North East, it seems unlikely.

Sandancer is now a label that many people in South Shields are proud to identify with.[citation needed]"

Wikipedia.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
8.3 this morning. Not bad considering we went to Toby carvery with some friends last night. I had a Yorkshire pudding and 2 small roast potatoes:)

Reactions: 14 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.5 this am....sunn is shining so gonna be a nice day fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 13 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 a bit surprising since I went to bed 9.1 after having been very naughty yesterday evening.

But we are only human.

Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.