Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

debrasue

6.2 this morning :). Got the results of last weeks HbA1c test. I was diagnosed on 30 September 2016 with a reading of 51.7, now, six months later, I'm 39!! I've dropped back to "normal" LCHF really does work. So pleased.:joyful: Thanks to you all for your continued support. Must keep on the right track. Oh the hardship!:D
That's brilliant! Very well done, Cally x

Reactions: bigjim19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
9.0 today. Less than 20g carbohydrates yesterday and didn't over do the protein. I am finding these high fasting levels frustrating to say the least...
Hi Swiggy, sorry to read about your frustrations with readings. Probably been asked this a number of times but are you keeping a food diary and before and 2 hours after eating blood readings (including times of day). For myself I find that delaying my first meal, not eating too late in the day and walking have helped. Keep smiling.

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Swiggy, sorry to read about your frustrations with readings. Probably been asked this a number of times but are you keeping a food diary and before and 2 hours after eating blood readings (including times of day). For myself I find that delaying my first meal, not eating too late in the day and walking have helped. Keep smiling.
Thanks @dunelm. Yes I have been keeping a food diary since last August and was also recording fbg every day. I started lchf and joined the forum on 26th January. I also started testing before and after meals on the advice of forum members.

After your post I have been looking at my diary and noticed that my fbgs were all in the 7s in August and September, every single one of them. In October they increased into 8s and then steadily climbed into the 10s and 11s by Christmas with a few 12s between mid December and mid January. I was recording everything I ate and I don't seem to have eaten huge quantities but I had my fair share of Christmas goodies so I can see a reason for the increased numbers.
Since going lchf my fbg has definitely come down and, now that I am testing are and post meals I know that I very rarely have a reading 2 hours after eating that is more than 0.5 higher than my pre meal reading.
I am so glad that I have been keeping a record as I can really see a downward trend now that I have had a good luck at the figures. When I was 9.0 this morning after what I ate yesterday I was absolutely convinced that I was doing something wrong but now I can see that I am getting results and it is definitely worth sticking with.

Reactions: Prem51 and Ultramum

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @dunelm. Yes I have been keeping a food diary since last August and was also recording fbg every day. I started lchf and joined the forum on 26th January. I also started testing before and after meals on the advice of forum members.

After your post I have been looking at my diary and noticed that my fbgs were all in the 7s in August and September, every single one of them. In October they increased into 8s and then steadily climbed into the 10s and 11s by Christmas with a few 12s between mid December and mid January. I was recording everything I ate and I don't seem to have eaten huge quantities but I had my fair share of Christmas goodies so I can see a reason for the increased numbers.
Since going lchf my fbg has definitely come down and, now that I am testing are and post meals I know that I very rarely have a reading 2 hours after eating that is more than 0.5 higher than my pre meal reading.
I am so glad that I have been keeping a record as I can really see a downward trend now that I have had a good luck at the figures. When I was 9.0 this morning after what I ate yesterday I was absolutely convinced that I was doing something wrong but now I can see that I am getting results and it is definitely worth sticking with.
Sorry I think I got confused about where this would post, sorry for hogging the thread. X

Reactions: Ultramum and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @Swiggy - excellent. Your records are a great moral booster when you can dive in and see a downward trend or discover something that makes you think "best not eat that again". Steady away and keep smiling.

Reactions: Freema and Ultramum