Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A fbg of 9.6 WHAT!
I had cod (with batter and a few too many chips) at lunchtime then a high protein main meal to correct carb craving.
Just a reminder that if not on strong painkillers that red wine may have helped.
Also just proves how chips and batter can cause so much mayhem for me.
Well as if the press hadn't told me that already - years ago, before I was diagnosed.
Well I'll put it down to an old fool's school boy (girl) error.
Back to no batter and chips for life! The cod was the best part anyway. ;)
I dowse them in apple cider vinegar seems to help.

Reactions: P1ckle

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A fbg of 9.6 WHAT!
I had cod (with batter and a few too many chips) at lunchtime then a high protein main meal to correct carb craving.
Just a reminder that if not on strong painkillers that red wine may have helped.
Well as if the press hadn't told me that already - years ago, before I was diagnosed.
Oh pants!
Have you ever tried any of the low carb fish and chips substitutes. Not sure about this one as it uses turnip for the chips: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-fish-nchips

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh pants!
Have you ever tried any of the low carb fish and chips substitutes. Not sure about this one as it uses turnip for the chips: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-fish-nchips
Thanks @dunelm . I've never been a chip person anyway. Fish however, is a different ballgame!
I'm just annoyed I ate something which causes such mayhem when its not even something I find hugely yummy. It was bought for me as a treat and to enjoy in peace. (No kids to share with.) To be honest it left me very uncomfortable and bloated in the stomach. Never again. No great sadness

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A fbg of 9.6 WHAT!

Let us put it this way, it was a treat and you enjoyed it. I had it too but did not test as I was on vacation.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 at 8:00 didn´t measure right away , stressed a bit in packing equipment for a beach-trip 45 km away by bus at 8:50 we had a wonderfull day , just came back ...only bad thing it was the clouds were many and the temperatur was only 15 degrees celsius when we arrived... very chilly, the weather forecast promsed the first real summer day in july today.. well they failed... did get a little sun in the face and a very big freshly baked filled ice cream cone :) pretending it was summer at least.;)

Last edited:

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Catching up the last two days - 5.2 yesterday and 5.3 today.

Never got a chance to have my possibly broken toe looked at as Ofsted phoned Monday morning, and I've spent the last 3 days doing insane amounts of work at school. All over now - (apparently I'm "jolly good") - and as toe is feeling a bit better though still painful, seems no point in having it looked at now.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 I'm shocked at this number this morning and can't understand why it is so high .
Could be the heat ?
On a good note I have lost another 7lb in the last 2 weeks,
I am down just over 40lbs in total
Fab news regarding the weight. Well done.

Reactions: P1ckle