Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 for me today

I'm having a minor disaster morning so far, woke with a start from a dream and had to dash to the loo at 5.15 then found an escaped blueberry from last nights dinner with my bare foot on the way through the kitchen to make a drink :(, washed foot and went back to bed for an hour in disgust.

Got up again and dressed at 7.00 and went round opening the curtains, got to the kitchen and when I opened the blind a tall cactus Mr Gee had left on the windowsill (for a good soaking) fell on me :bigtears:,

of course I put my hand up to shield my face, unfortunately forgetting that I had the remains of the previously made tea in a cup in my left hand. Result was both shoes and the front of my nice clean shirt's pocket filled with cold tea :banghead:

I've mopped the floor, changed my shirt, put my shoes to dry and made a nice cup of coffee so all's well now and I hope that's the extent of it!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Back from our trip to the Outer Hebrides (Lewis and Harris), where we had 5 days of hot, sunny, dry weather,with only one short spell of those biting beasts, the dreaded midges! The music festival was good, though the sound system in the main tent was awful, until the last band on the last night!
Couldn't post as I had no signal at our accommodation, but the ranges were from mid 5's to high 6's. Going into the good 4's during the day and evenings.
6.5 @ 8.45.
Not bad considering yesterday I had 2 slices of toast with jam with a cooked breakfast at our hotel. 1 slice of granary bread with lunch (with a meat platter, so that was ok) and for tea 1 pork mustard and honey sausage, 1 small boiled new tatties. Finally half a lovely fruit scone for supper.
Back onto the fasting until tea at 6pm

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.4 for me today

I'm having a minor disaster morning so far, woke with a start from a dream and had to dash to the loo at 5.15 then found an escaped blueberry from last nights dinner with my bare foot on the way through the kitchen to make a drink :(, washed foot and went back to bed for an hour in disgust.

Got up again and dressed at 7.00 and went round opening the curtains, got to the kitchen and when I opened the blind a tall cactus Mr Gee had left on the windowsill (for a good soaking) fell on me :bigtears:,

of course I put my hand up to shield my face, unfortunately forgetting that I had the remains of the previously made tea in a cup in my left hand. Result was both shoes and the front of my nice clean shirt's pocket filled with cold tea :banghead:

I've mopped the floor, changed my shirt, put my shoes to dry and made a nice cup of coffee so all's well now and I hope that's the extent of it!
Have you heard of "The play that goes wrong"? Very funny... Goodluck for the rest of the day:wideyed::D

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from our trip to the Outer Hebrides (Lewis and Harris), where we had 5 days of hot, sunny, dry weather,with only one short spell of those biting beasts, the dreaded midges! The music festival was good, though the sound system in the main tent was awful, until the last band on the last night!
Couldn't post as I had no signal at our accommodation, but the ranges were from mid 5's to high 6's. Going into the good 4's during the day and evenings.
6.5 @ 8.45.
Not bad considering yesterday I had 2 slices of toast with jam with a cooked breakfast at our hotel. 1 slice of granary bread with lunch (with a meat platter, so that was ok) and for tea 1 pork mustard and honey sausage, 1 small boiled new tatties. Finally half a lovely fruit scone for supper.
Back onto the fasting until tea at 6pm
Sounds wonderful:)

budgend1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mr Early morning reading for type 2 Diabetes was 15.8 and has been at this level for a over 2 weeks. My wife had a heart attack and it shot through the roof. I made contact with my doctors surgery with the information of my reading, only to receive a phone call 48 hours later and being told that I must lose weight. This was with no consideration of the fact that I am looking after my wife as a carer and have been for the last 18 months.

I do not think the doctor read the latest reading supplied to the surgery or he would have advised differently.

Reactions: callyandy