Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
A busy and social week end . This was my first really big social event while being diagnosed as diabetic. On Saturday the Wedding and yesterday a very nice barbecue. For me it wasn't that difficult to pass on the cakes and ice creams. I did have to explain, just once, to a curious fellow wedding attender, which I did without too much embarrassment. Why I feel slightly embarrassed I really don't know but there is something deeply embedded in our culture about being"the same" or "similar". It seems to be engrained in our social DNA .

So this morning I woke at at 7 with a reading pf 5.3, which I have no problem with. This morning I had blood taken for my first annual review this Friday. I'm expecting no problems but like the idea of getting a read out of all that is tested . It makes me feel empowered.

Meanwhile later today I have a dentists appointment.

Have a great day if you possible can.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A busy and social week end . This was my first really big social event while being diagnosed as diabetic. On Saturday the Wedding and yesterday a very nice barbecue. For me it wasn't that difficult to pass on the cakes and ice creams. I did have to explain, just once, to a curious fellow wedding attender, which I did without too much embarrassment. Why I feel slightly embarrassed I really don't know but there is something deeply embedded in our culture about being"the same" or "similar". It seems to be engrained in our social DNA .

So this morning I woke at at 7 with a reading pf 5.3, which I have no problem with. This morning I had blood taken for my first annual review this Friday. I'm expecting no problems but like the idea of getting a read out of all that is tested . It makes me feel empowered.

Meanwhile later today I have a dentists appointment.

Have a great day if you possible can.
Well done you. You are in control as you say, that feels real good:)

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Yet another 6.7 which is a miracle, I had to take my brother to his ESA assessment and I think I was more stressed than him!

D

Deleted member 308541

Hey Don guess what !! opened a new pot of strips and you must have found the same one as I did cos I got my first 5.6 in ages
About time you got back into the "5" mark again mate.
4F2mf.gif

38candy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @38candy 6s aren't bad. Anything between 4-7 (fbg) is good for T2s. My average is 6.3 which I am quite happy with.
I was concerned that my fbgs were creeping up into the high 6s, and could have gone higher, as I am due my 12 month HbA1c and review in September. So I am fasting to get it down.

You fbg of 7.1 isn't bad as you have only recently been diagnosed, and your readings are still falling. I expect you will get into the 4-7 target range soon. :)

Hi yah

That's so true as I was 6.6 am today