Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes :p
Hiya,
My names Hollie.
I'm from Southampton and I'm 19.
I was diagnosed when I was 11, however after leaving school reached a burn out, and was very neglecting of my diabetes.

I'm looking to get back in the swing of things and looking for some other diabetes to talk to, send each other blood sugars and be general support.

I'm on injections but hoping to get a pump.

Xx

Reactions: 2 people

vicki.milne

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Teenage years are tough enough without having to contend with diabetes too.
Well done for picking yourself up from it Hollie and trying to move things onto a positive track.
There seems to be a real shortage of local groups and communities for young people with diabetes hopefully someone on here around your age will see your post. It can make a world of difference having someone to talk to who knows first-hand what you're going through.
It doesn't look like many kids / young people check this forum very regularly but hopefully someone a similar age will pop their head in soon.
All the best Hollie!

AnaSofia

Hey. I'm 15 and i'm diabetic one year ago. I'm in the waiting list for get a pump like you. I'm waiting for Freestyle Libre. We should suport each other. It's important. If you need we can talk!

Signe_Kirk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Hollie! My name's Signe and I'm 17 :) I've been diabetic for 5 years and I've also been struggling with my diabetes fro the last couple of years.. But now I'm trying to get back on track, and I would really like to talk to you, so feel free to message me! :)