Type1...Menopause

Mandy J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been Type1 diabetic for over 20 years now. I have just recently gone on to a pump (28th Nov 2016) and am now very much going through the Menopause. Hot sweats, head aches, lack of sleep (with the sweats) etc., and it is driving me nuts. I have made an appointment at the doctors but wondered if anyone else is going through the same thing, and if so can you recommend any herbal remedies. My sugar levels have been a bit erratic, mostly High's which I don't mind as I used to suffer from low's, hence being put onto the pump. I do feel more confident with it, and thought I was going great guns, but seem to be slipping, even though I am using the Carbs & Cals app to calculate the carbs, for the distribution of the correct insulin. Bit of a mixture of questions I know, and I have had a huge amount of help from my diabetic team, but thought I would put it out their to see if anyone else is suffering with menopause.

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your sudden highs are probably caused by fluctuating hormones, rather than by problems calculating carbs or insulin, so don't blame yourself for something you have no control over. What are your diabetes team suggesting ?