Ulcers

Adeydee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone advise me when I could get some sort of info about standing/ walking around for 9 hours a day with an open ulcer on my ankle ?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've replied to your work thread @Adeydee95 It would be best to get clear advice from a medical professional about what you should do. It's important you follow that advice, so make sure they explain properly and don't be afraid to ask questions if you're not sure what they mean or what you should watch out for.

Reactions: GrantGam

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone advise me when I could get some sort of info about standing/ walking around for 9 hours a day with an open ulcer on my ankle ?
Hello @Adeydee95 - have you asked your GP or DSN? Ultimately, you'll get the best medical advice from a professional - so it would be advisable to make an appointment with your GP or ring your DSN.

I don't know if a venous ulcer and diabetic ulcer are different in how they present, or simply just how they're caused - but you can read some on them here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Leg-ulcer-venous/Pages/Treatment.aspx

It does say to keep active, but also that standing still could make any swelling worse.