Unexpected HBA1c result

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That is a horrible combination of probelms!

That is certainly not a great situation to be in. I would suggest returning to the doctor and pointing out that the situation does have a time element in it, as any time unable to be in control of your levels may be producing long term injury, and that speeding the process up would be of benefit to all. After all, the enabling of you to be fit and healthy does reduce strain on the system for them too!
I have twice asked my gp for help with the binge eating.

The first time the doctor laughed at me when I asked to be referred to an eating disorder clinic.

The second doctor told me not to waste his time and that I should just eat normally.

So I don't have much faith in my local doctors. As I live in a rural area there isn't another surgery within a reasonable distance.

The diabetes nurse has been quite helpful and it was she who referred me to a psychiatrist. Although that was of limited use.

I suppose I'm on my own for now.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Unfortunately within the NHS there is very little provision made for men with eating disorders that is a lamentable fact.

It is just not taken seriously enough.

Reactions: Inchindown

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have twice asked my gp for help with the binge eating.

The first time the doctor laughed at me when I asked to be referred to an eating disorder clinic.

The second doctor told me not to waste his time and that I should just eat normally.

So I don't have much faith in my local doctors. As I live in a rural area there isn't another surgery within a reasonable distance.

The diabetes nurse has been quite helpful and it was she who referred me to a psychiatrist. Although that was of limited use.

I suppose I'm on my own for now.

There is a sub forum in the Type 1 forum that is for people with eating disorders. It is a new forum. It is intended for Type 1s with eating disorders but you could ask if you could join? I don't know if this would be allowed but maybe worth a try?

Reactions: Inchindown