Update: cgm meeting

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So went for our appointment with the rep at the hospital, they fitted LO with a dexcom g4 on her bottom she didn't even flinch it seemed less traumatic than giving her insulin! They have no receivers and so we have to use an amimas vibe pump for the screen... I feel this is a tactic to try and convince me to get her on a pump but hey Ho at least we've got a trial. Meeting with them in two weeks to remove and discuss

Reactions: Brunneria

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woohoo, how exciting! Good luck, we love love love the dexcom

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would recommend a pump massively! it woud make situations like last night sooooo much easier for you!

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
First meal after fitting and high alarm going off already

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@shivles The Dexcom would be my choice if I had the money, so you've got a good one there :)

Maybe they just had a spare Vibe hanging around? As long as it works with the CGM then that's the main thing :)

Edited to,add it will be a big relief for,you overnight, I imagine, and you'll also be able to,get a better idea of how her basal is working

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@shivles The Dexcom would be my choice if I had the money, so you've got a good one there :)

Maybe they just had a spare Vibe hanging around? As long as it works with the CGM then that's the main thing :)

Edited to,add it will be a big relief for,you overnight, I imagine, and you'll also be able to,get a better idea of how her basal is working
They had loads of pumps out on the table and it was mentioned a lot haha, I know they're trying to convince me. They answered a few questions I had about it anyway and I've got the instruction manual for this so ill have a nosey but I really don't think it's for us

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They had loads of pumps out on the table and it was mentioned a lot haha, I know they're trying to convince me. They answered a few questions I had about it anyway and I've got the instruction manual for this so ill have a nosey but I really don't think it's for us

I can't resist asking what colour it is : D (I have a Vibe)

At least you get a chance to,handle it anyway :) And having the CGM sensor will give you an idea of what wearing a pump cannula would be like if you ever chose to explore this option in future. I know you don't want a pump,for your daughter now :)

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I can't resist asking what colour it is : D (I have a Vibe)

At least you get a chance to,handle it anyway :) And having the CGM sensor will give you an idea of what wearing a pump cannula would be like if you ever chose to explore this option in future. I know you don't want a pump,for your daughter now :)
It's green haha but they give us a pink silicone case ;)

Reactions: Brunneria and azure

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
f7143f802771f4d2a719b71cd8ac4bda.jpg

Interesting things happening! The spike of course was our trip to the golden arches, I got an alert saying she had gone below 4.4 and the arrow was still going down however the BG monitor said she was a little higher, give a biscuit anyway, she come back up and now apparently she's falling rapidly

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I LOVE this thing!

Strangely she had a high but slow spike going to bed, which came back down on its own... related to her tea maybe? On a plus note her basal for night looks good as she was fairly flat when she came back down
45255f4d99f37766a6fd9f8742f6c334.jpg

Waited for the curve this morning after giving insulin before I gave her toast so will be interesting to see what kind of spike she has
f9abefefe5647ea2b1bb766b26a0543b.jpg

I'm working my way through 'sugar surfing', I'm hopeful that with the CGM we will be able to get good control now, hopefully her DLA will come through before the end of the trial and I can buy our own or the funding from hospital will go through because I don't think I can be without this now!

Reactions: azure