Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry me again
Another bit of update
I had a call from the psychs office. My psych has spoken to the multi task group, which involves psychs and cpn,s. Well Apperently the team spoke about if they can help in anyway and my psych and team feel I need a little bit of support from a cpn. The cpn will visit me at home on the 9th October in the afternoon.
My psych has explained about my bipolar and being type2. Also saying about my gp not being helpful and gp not responding to treatment that my psych has asked him to do. By seeing the cpn, she can act as go between.
Also psych is in talks with the other psychs because of my poor memory. It was said about going to the memory clinic, but before that is done, or if it will be done, the team of psychs will look at my mental illness/type2, to see if one or the other or if it's something to do with the mixture of meds that I am taking.
Normally people here have to go into the office to see the cpn but it was explained that I have trouble with falling when walking because of the neuropathy

Ally, I can't tell you how happy I am for you, to at last have someone, nearby, who is in your corner. Your psychiatrist is a star!

That news has put a spring in my step for the rest of the day, for sure.

How are you feeling about it?

Reactions: Freema and RFSMarch

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done ally. Despite everything you have to deal with you have achieved a good result by perseverance. I am so pleased that the psych team have appointed a CPN. Keep your chin up, ally. You should now have someone to fight alongside you for your health needs and rights.

Reactions: Freema and ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
That all sounds very positive. Hopefully things will start to move forward for you.

Is there only one GP in your surgery, or several? Would it be possible just to see one of the others? At my surgery we can see whichever GP we choose, even though they are not our named GP.
There are 3 full time gp,s and 2 part time gp,s. We tend to see our named gp, only see another gp if my one is fully booked up, on holiday or his day off

Reactions: Freema

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally, I can't tell you how happy I am for you, to at last have someone, nearby, who is in your corner. Your psychiatrist is a star!

That news has put a spring in my step for the rest of the day, for sure.

How are you feeling about it?
Thank you.
I am over the moon. Also as the cpn said, if I need to see my gp, she will if possible to come with me, she will say who she is, then he will most likely help me more. I was supposed to see my gp on the 6th October to see if he could give me something for the nerve pain. Cpn said to cancel it because it's before I see her, she will then try to make me an appointment so she can come with me. Good thinking on her part

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Well done ally. Despite everything you have to deal with you have achieved a good result by perseverance. I am so pleased that the psych team have appointed a CPN. Keep your chin up, ally. You should now have someone to fight alongside you for your health needs and rights.
Thank you. You all mean so much to me for all your support

S

serenity648

Sorry me again
Another bit of update
I had a call from the psychs office. My psych has spoken to the multi task group, which involves psychs and cpn,s. Well Apperently the team spoke about if they can help in anyway and my psych and team feel I need a little bit of support from a cpn. The cpn will visit me at home on the 9th October in the afternoon.
My psych has explained about my bipolar and being type2. Also saying about my gp not being helpful and gp not responding to treatment that my psych has asked him to do. By seeing the cpn, she can act as go between.
Also psych is in talks with the other psychs because of my poor memory. It was said about going to the memory clinic, but before that is done, or if it will be done, the team of psychs will look at my mental illness/type2, to see if one or the other or if it's something to do with the mixture of meds that I am taking.
Normally people here have to go into the office to see the cpn but it was explained that I have trouble with falling when walking because of the neuropathy
It may be possible for a CPN to come with you to the doctor to back you up to get the requested treatment. Please have a hug x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.
I am over the moon. Also as the cpn said, if I need to see my gp, she will if possible to come with me, she will say who she is, then he will most likely help me more. I was supposed to see my gp on the 6th October to see if he could give me something for the nerve pain. Cpn said to cancel it because it's before I see her, she will then try to make me an appointment so she can come with me. Good thinking on her part

What a team you have batting for you Ally. It's taken a ridiculously long time to happen, but I'm positive this is a step that could really change the way your healthcare works.

Really well done for sticking with it all for all this time, with no prospect of improvement. I really do applaud your persistence.

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
What a team you have batting for you Ally. It's taken a ridiculously long time to happen, but I'm positive this is a step that could really change the way your healthcare works.

Really well done for sticking with it all for all this time, with no prospect of improvement. I really do applaud your persistence.
Thank you

Reactions: ickihun

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to read things are moving in a positive direction for you. Hopefully you will be able to get the care you need of your GP. Keep up the fight

Reactions: Freema and ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Glad to read things are moving in a positive direction for you. Hopefully you will be able to get the care you need of your GP. Keep up the fight
Thank you.
Am getting g scared to see the cpn on the 9th. I can,t remember to much of what she said lol

S

serenity648

Thank you.
Am getting g scared to see the cpn on the 9th. I can,t remember to much of what she said lol
In my experience CPN's are kind, and understanding about us forgetting things and getting anxious and worried. She is on your side, and is there to help you. hugs.

Reactions: DCUKMod

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
It may be possible for a CPN to come with you to the doctor to back you up to get the requested treatment. Please have a hug x
The cpn did mention coming with me to see my gp

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
In my experience CPN's are kind, and understanding about us forgetting things and getting anxious and worried. She is on your side, and is there to help you. hugs.
Between 2003 and 2007, I had 3 different cpn. The second one I had was brilliant. Though over those 4 years, I was being treated for depression and ptsd

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ally1
I just want to send my best wishes.You have worked so hard and I really hope things will improve for you very soon.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi @ally1
I just want to send my best wishes.You have worked so hard and I really hope things will improve for you very soon.
Thank you for your kind wishes.
Everyone here has been so kind.
I do feel that having type2 and bipolar, depending on my moods, it then affects the diabetes and vice versa

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Thank you for your kind wishes.
Everyone here has been so kind.
I do feel that having type2 and bipolar, depending on my moods, it then affects the diabetes and vice versa
Hi ally best wishes and hugs from me too, K