Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Not much of an update.
Been for my hca1 blood test, I had asked for a longer appointment but it was just to do the blood test.
So again I wasn,t listened too.
Though she did quickly go over my feet and weighed me. I have put on alost a stone since April which I knew I had.
Apparently I am not due for my annual diabetic checkup until next April.
At my surgery, they only contact people if there's something wrong with the blood test. If it's fine then no action is done/required. I will wait until next week to give time for the result to get back and time for my gp to have a look at the result. If I Don, t get a call from the surgery, then I know it's ok but then I will then make an appointment because I am still not happy.
I casually said to the nurse, thankfully I didn't, t have nurse E who is the diabetic nurse. She replied, all I can/will say is that she came in to do her shift and within an hour she had gone. Very intreeging

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ally1
So do I understand still no action is being taken regarding your feet? What did the nurse say about your feet? I wonder what your cpn will make of this. I just hope she can give you some sensible advice on how to move forward. Sorry I don't have any ideas but send you hugs.

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi @ally1
So do I understand still no action is being taken regarding your feet? What did the nurse say about your feet? I wonder what your cpn will make of this. I just hope she can give you some sensible advice on how to move forward. Sorry I don't have any ideas but send you hugs.
Still no further forward. The DN nurse did do what I call the pin pick test on my feet. That was all and the blood test. So I will wait for the result to come through.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are 3 full time gp,s and 2 part time gp,s. We tend to see our named gp, only see another gp if my one is fully booked up, on holiday or his day off
That reminds me of my old surgery when I was growing up back in the old days, although now I do see the orig. diagnosing GP... but fantastic news for you! Brilliant stuff

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I rang for my blood test results.
Good news is that hbc1a came back at 6.7%. My last one was 6.2%, so only 0.5% higher. Am happy.
No action to be done.
I have managed to make an appointment with the DN for 3rd November because I need to go through a few things. I know the result is an average over 3 months.
As it's so hard to get an appointment with a gp, having to ring on the day, I have asked about my gp doing a phone consultation about my nerve pain. He is not available for this this week and I, ve to try next week. As he is my named gp and see him all the time, then I am happy to wait.
But that does not explain why my readings have been higher just lately.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have come here to have a jolly good moan and a rant, because if not I will scream.
Physio have called this afternoon saying she can,t help, was passed onto a different physio for a balance test, they said no. Was then given a number for adult social services, why this no idea but I rang. Explained about the neuropathy, they said they can,t help, they then gave me another number to call, rang that, that turned out to be the physio that I had already seen and can,t help me. Though when I saw her, she did give me a walking stick which has helped a little bit.
By this time, I was so angry and in tears because this has affected my mood, bipolar wise.
In desperation, I rang and spoke to my physics secretary. My psych is off, so explained to her what has happened. Bearing in mind, I got so desperate, I didn't, t know who else to call.
Had to explain what has happened. God bless her, she said she would call me back, which she did. She had spoke to my gp surgery with the practise manager. I had a call from the surgery after her call and the surgery have given me an appointment with my gp for next Tuesday afternoon. Now hopefully he might do or suggest what else to do. All I seem to be doing is going round in circles and being fobbed off to others where they pass me to someone else and nothing being done.

Reactions: Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have come here to have a jolly good moan and a rant, because if not I will scream.
Physio have called this afternoon saying she can,t help, was passed onto a different physio for a balance test, they said no. Was then given a number for adult social services, why this no idea but I rang. Explained about the neuropathy, they said they can,t help, they then gave me another number to call, rang that, that turned out to be the physio that I had already seen and can,t help me. Though when I saw her, she did give me a walking stick which has helped a little bit.
By this time, I was so angry and in tears because this has affected my mood, bipolar wise.
In desperation, I rang and spoke to my physics secretary. My psych is off, so explained to her what has happened. Bearing in mind, I got so desperate, I didn't, t know who else to call.
Had to explain what has happened. God bless her, she said she would call me back, which she did. She had spoke to my gp surgery with the practise manager. I had a call from the surgery after her call and the surgery have given me an appointment with my gp for next Tuesday afternoon. Now hopefully he might do or suggest what else to do. All I seem to be doing is going round in circles and being fobbed off to others where they pass me to someone else and nothing being done.

Oh dear Ally. That's really not good, mind you having recently tried to cancel an appointment with a Consultant (I now need to see a different one), it was utter madness, never mind that this seems to be happening quite regularly for you.

Honestly, I think it would do your GP good if you were as upset as you were with your Psyche's secretary today. I think sometimes when we do our very best stiff upper lip that we don't necessarily do ourselves any favours.

Are you still in contact with your Community PN? If so, could she maybe go with you next week to your GP?.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Oh dear Ally. That's really not good, mind you having recently tried to cancel an appointment with a Consultant (I now need to see a different one), it was utter madness, never mind that this seems to be happening quite regularly for you.

Honestly, I think it would do your GP good if you were as upset as you were with your Psyche's secretary today. I think sometimes when we do our very best stiff upper lip that we don't necessarily do ourselves any favours.

Are you still in contact with your Community PN? If so, could she maybe go with you next week to your GP?.
I wish I would be as upset with my gp next week as I was today.
I am trying my best to help with my diabetes as I Don, t even want to think about what could happen if nothing is done. It has really scared me.
My cpn was out all afternoon and hopefully she will return my call tomorrow

Reactions: DCUKMod

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm thinking of you Ally.
Hopefully your CPN will accompany you, or if not perhaps she would telephone him in advance.

Good luck xxx

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs to you @ally1 at least you are letting people know that there is a problem and it needs sorting. I do hope that you can get some help soon.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
My blood test result was 6.7% which did surprise me.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hugs to you @ally1 at least you are letting people know that there is a problem and it needs sorting. I do hope that you can get some help soon.
Thank you.
The main thing that's worrying me, is how quickly the neuropathy has risen up to my knee on my left leg.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Wow Ally! All that worry about increasing levels, yet you managed such a good HbA1c. I'm so pleased for you. :) That is a reduction on last time, isn't it?
Thank you.
My previous was 6.2% so just a bit higher. I was so surprised

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
A bit of an update.
First the physio said she can,t help and have now been told I can,t have a balance test. She gave me a phone number who could help, rang it, it was for adult social services, I explained what the problem is. The man I spoke too, rang me back and said they can,t help and neither of us could understand why I was given their number. He gave me a number to ring, rang them, it turned out to be the physio where I went first.
By this time I was very pee,ed off. Rang the surgery and was assertive and managed to get an appointment with my gp for this afternoon.
To my advantage, I am in a manic mode with my bipolar. I went in and firmly told my gp that I am not moving until something is done. He went through my bipolar and diabetic meds, looked up each one and has given me Gabapentin 300mg. Have got 100, to try that and when I get down to the last 20, to go back to see gp to see how that helps my nerve pain. If it helps, then will be put on repeat prescription. If not, then have something g stronger but my other meds will have to be changed or altered. Then also see how I am with the neuropathy and maybe, just maybe, then look at other options.

Last edited:
S

serenity648

A bit of an update.
First the physio said she can,t help and have now been told I can,t have a balance test. She gave me a phone number who could help, rang it, it was for adult social services, I explained what the problem is. The man I spoke too, rang me back and said they can,t help and neither of us could understand why I was given their number. He gave me a number to ring, rang them, it turned out to be the physio where I went first.
By this time I was very pee,ed off. Rang the surgery and was assertive and managed to get an appointment with my gp for this afternoon.
To my advantage, I am in a manic mode with my bipolar. I went in and firmly told my gp that I am not moving until something is done. He went through my bipolar and diabetic meds, looked up each one and has given me Gabapentin 300mg. Have got 100, to try that and when I get down to the last 20, to go back to see gp to see how that helps my nerve pain. If it helps, then will be put on repeat prescription. If not, then have something g stronger but my other meds will have to be changed or altered. Then also see how I am with the neuropathy and maybe, just maybe, then look at other options.
I suggest you ring your CPN and tell her all of this. Giving you stronger drugs doesnt address the source of the pain. Have some hugs too.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit of an update.

Good girl, Ally. It's sometimes good for the Docs to see how we really feel. When we're wearing our best stiff upper lip, I think they sometimes think everything's OK.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the new meds.

Reactions: Freema and ally1

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll also keep my fingers crossed for you on your new meds and hope they help. Well done on being assertive with your GP. :)