DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.
Sometimes being manic has its advantages.
I will see how the painkillers work as was before just taking it painkillers

Ally, my dear old Mum always used to say, "You have to work with what you're got". If being in a manic phase helps you out once in a while, just roll with it. :)

Fingers crossed for these meds.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a good job I was alerted to the amount.

That's scary. Good that you checked!

I have an elderly relative who took Gabapentin to cope with the aftermath of shingles in his eyes, an illness that was provoked by suffering a head injury. The Gabapentin really seemed to throw him for a six. I think he ended up being switched to an alternative drug, but that one didn't work, so he ended up back on Gabapentin.

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
That's scary. Good that you checked!

I have an elderly relative who took Gabapentin to cope with the aftermath of shingles in his eyes, an illness that was provoked by suffering a head injury. The Gabapentin really seemed to throw him for a six. I think he ended up being switched to an alternative drug, but that one didn't work, so he ended up back on Gabapentin.
My gp did say it will be hit and miss with it. Because of my bipolar meds, this is apparently the only drug that doesn,t interfere with them. If it doesn,t work, then to try something else but my other meds will need to be changed. I can only try

Reactions: Freema

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Ally, my dear old Mum always used to say, "You have to work with what you're got". If being in a manic phase helps you out once in a while, just roll with it. :)

Fingers crossed for these meds.
I hate being manic but on this occasion, it was to my advantage lol

Reactions: ickihun

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gabapentin is also What my mother takes for her neuropathy , I Think it is a widely used medication for helping nerve problems . I really hope you’ll soon get some relief from your troubles , aren’t you going to get more medication if you are in a manic state ? so you don’t rollercoast . Hope you have the energy to lower your HbA1c now in a more active State than the depressive other pole ... so sad to read How They are througing you around in the system it must take all your energy to cope with that in such and exhausting situation and at the same time not really some healthcare person to relay on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I rang for my blood test results.
Good news is that hbc1a came back at 6.7%. My last one was 6.2%, so only 0.5% higher. Am happy.
No action to be done.
I have managed to make an appointment with the DN for 3rd November because I need to go through a few things. I know the result is an average over 3 months.
As it's so hard to get an appointment with a gp, having to ring on the day, I have asked about my gp doing a phone consultation about my nerve pain. He is not available for this this week and I, ve to try next week. As he is my named gp and see him all the time, then I am happy to wait.
But that does not explain why my readings have been higher just lately.
More stress, maybe hun?

Reactions: ally1 and Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A bit of an update.
First the physio said she can,t help and have now been told I can,t have a balance test. She gave me a phone number who could help, rang it, it was for adult social services, I explained what the problem is. The man I spoke too, rang me back and said they can,t help and neither of us could understand why I was given their number. He gave me a number to ring, rang them, it turned out to be the physio where I went first.
By this time I was very pee,ed off. Rang the surgery and was assertive and managed to get an appointment with my gp for this afternoon.
To my advantage, I am in a manic mode with my bipolar. I went in and firmly told my gp that I am not moving until something is done. He went through my bipolar and diabetic meds, looked up each one and has given me Gabapentin 300mg. Have got 100, to try that and when I get down to the last 20, to go back to see gp to see how that helps my nerve pain. If it helps, then will be put on repeat prescription. If not, then have something g stronger but my other meds will have to be changed or altered. Then also see how I am with the neuropathy and maybe, just maybe, then look at other options.
Ah! The penny has dropped for me.
I know why all this carry on.

They were waiting for you to insist to get out of any liability if he's wrong. I bet you your gp is facing a legal problem with another patient and maybe his partner has advised to just go through motions with his other patients til resolved. They have a few hundred patients each.
You arent the problem @ally1 more is going on behind your gps scenes.
Im just delighted it kicked him up the bum for positive help for you. :) :) :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Gabapentin is also What my mother takes for her neuropathy , I Think it is a widely used medication for helping nerve problems . I really hope you’ll soon get some relief from your troubles , aren’t you going to get more medication if you are in a manic state ? so you don’t rollercoast . Hope you have the energy to lower your HbA1c now in a more active State than the depressive other pole ... so sad to read How They are througing you around in the system it must take all your energy to cope with that in such and exhausting situation and at the same time not really some healthcare person to relay on.
Sorry I pressed the funny button by mistake.
Am so hoping it will work.
My psych was thinking of increasing my anti psycotic, the draw back with that, is its well known to cause higher sugar levels. He and cpn will monitor me closely.
So at the moment to stay on the dosage I am on

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver

They were waiting for you to insist to get out of any liability if he's wrong. I bet you your gp is facing a legal problem with another patient and maybe his partner has advised to just go through motions with his other patients til resolved. They have a few hundred patients each.
Oh I hadn,t thought of that

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Ickihun - that is rather a lot of speculation, don't you think?
I don't think it is helpful to imply malpractice or stuff going on behind the scenes, when we don't have anything to support your ideas.

I just to assume that most errors come down to human error, rushing through lack of time, and inability to empathise, because those are a lot more common than docs facing malpractice suits.

@ally1 I am so pleased that you got a result. And since I know how difficult it is for you to get a reaction from the doc, that counts as a huge achievement! Well done!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I pressed the funny button by mistake.
Am so hoping it will work.
My psych was thinking of increasing my anti psycotic, the draw back with that, is its well known to cause higher sugar levels. He and cpn will monitor me closely.
So at the moment to stay on the dosage I am on

hey if you have hit a wrong button you can easily change that again..., but don´t worry... I´m so sad that your medication gives you higher blood glucose.. ...

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The average number of people registered per GP is about 2000, of course they are not all ill.

yes here in Denmark the average number pro GP is 1800.... but in some remote areas the doctors have to take the double because not enough doctors wants to move to those areas some has as many as 5000 patients...:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Hi Ickihun - that is rather a lot of speculation, don't you think?
I don't think it is helpful to imply malpractice or stuff going on behind the scenes, when we don't have anything to support your ideas.

I just to assume that most errors come down to human error, rushing through lack of time, and inability to empathise, because those are a lot more common than docs facing malpractice suits.

@ally1 I am so pleased that you got a result. And since I know how difficult it is for you to get a reaction from the doc, that counts as a huge achievement! Well done!
Thank you.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I am now even more confused. After speckling with my surgery about the amount that I should take, I have read the leaflet and also looked online and they say 3 times 3 tablets aday is the norm.
That's what says on my box but queried it because I thought 9 aday was alot
My surgery did say after that it's 1 times 3 aday