Urgent - getting a freestyle libre sensor ASAP

KarenG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I have been away on holiday for three weeks, back in the UK for five days and off to India (work) for a fortnight on Saturday night.

I had stockpiled Libres to get me through the entire period.

However, two failed me on holiday (one fell off after 45 minutes and one stopped reading after 6/7 days) so I used a sensor I'd earmarked for India. In the meantime I reordered from Abbott so I'd have one here when I arrived home.

However, Abbott seem to have a supply issue and aren't sure they can fulfill my order in time. I spoke at length to their reps yesterday and they said they'd try and get the warehouse to hurry my order but I don't feel confident it will arrive in time. I've looked on Amazon and EBay and messaged sellers to ask, if I pay extra, they can send items next day delivery. I've either not heard back, or they have none in
Stock.

Any other avenues I can try? I really had banked on having a sensor as my routine will not be within my gift.

I would massively appreciate any advice you have. I don't have Libre on prescription so I was always expecting to pay (don't like the markup on Amazon and eBay but am OK to pay it to get a guaranteed sensor!)

Many thanks

Karen

D

Diabeticliberty

The one on my arm has 7 days life left in it. I have a spare in my cupboard. If you PM me with your address I will send it to you RMSD tomorrow. This should get it to you guaranteed on Friday. If this is acceptable to you then I will, do it at the cost of the sensor plus the cost of the Royal Mail charge only. I don't know the Royal Mail charge but would expect it to be about a fiver. I will send you my bank details by return PM and would ask you to transfer the money to my bank account tomorrow. If you feel more secure using PayPal then I can send you details fir this providing you are prepared to pay the PayPal charge or you can pay it as a PayPal gift. This offers you some protection to on in case I am a rogue or scallywag. I will take the sensor to work with me tomorrow. If you can arrange payment by 1.00pm it should give me enough time to hoof it from my office round to the post office round the corner from work.

Let me know if this is acceptable to you.

Diabeticliberty :)

Reactions: lou258 and KarenG