Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
My metre arrived today so I used it before my evening meal which was salad with one slice of salami, one slice of cheese and one slice of Burgen bread. My reading said 6.3. Two hours later I took another reading and that came out as 6.2. Any ideas as to how I have messed up? Thanks all.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It doesn't sound like you have messed up - seems you have found a meal that agrees with you.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm no expert, (yet!) but I do occasionally get a slightly lower reading two hours after a meal, I assume I've picked foods I can deal with. The only things you may have done wrong are, not washing your hand before your first reading or the timing of the second reading. Did you take it 2 hours after the first bite of your meal?

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm no expert, (yet!) but I do occasionally get a slightly ower reading two hours after a meal, I assume I've picked foods I can deal with. The only things you may have done wrong are, not washing your hand before your first reading or the timing of the second reading. Did you take it 2 hours after the first bite of your meal?
@Rachox
I washed my hands in hot-ish water with soap and dried them thoroughly before taking each reading. The second reading was exactly two hours after my first bite of food. The only hiccup was that I had to repeat the first reading as an error message came up indicating not enough blood.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You haven't messed up. You have found a meal your body has coped well with. That is an excellent result.

S

serenity648

@Rachox
I washed my hands in hot-ish water with soap and dried them thoroughly before taking each reading. The second reading was exactly two hours after my first bite of food. The only hiccup was that I had to repeat the first reading as an error message came up indicating not enough blood.
I often get the same or similar reading after a low carb meal.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox
Sounds like you picked a meal that suits you then! I can tolerate one slice of Burgen well too :)