VAT Relief

bunny11987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I am hoping someone can shed some light for me!
I am just about to order the freestyle libre for the first time. When I come to pay, it asks if I get VAT relief? When I googled, it said that all Diabetics get VAT relief on any medication related to Diabetes. But I just wondered if there is a claim form I need to fill in and send to HM Revenues and Customs prior to agreeing that I do receive it? I'm so confused!!!!!
Thanks in advance!

Lola

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tick the box to say you are a diabetic, and they will take the VAT off the price you pay at checkout. :)
No need for any further documentation.

bunny11987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great thank you for your reply :) I didn't want to be seen to be doing the dodge haha!

MikePea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Garlic
Some companies will allow you to fill in the form on their site. It's not long or complicated, but it absolves the company from any blame if you were cheating as any one can say they have diabetes.
You have nothing to worry about. Fill it in with a clear concience.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
I am hoping someone can shed some light for me!
I am just about to order the freestyle libre for the first time. When I come to pay, it asks if I get VAT relief? When I googled, it said that all Diabetics get VAT relief on any medication related to Diabetes. But I just wondered if there is a claim form I need to fill in and send to HM Revenues and Customs prior to agreeing that I do receive it? I'm so confused!!!!!
Thanks in advance!

Lola

I ordered directly from Abbot & just ticked a box to get VAT relief.