Vegan meals

A

Avocado Sevenfold

MUSHROOM NUT ROAST BUNDTS

I was excited to find this nut roast recipe as it contains no root veg or breadcrumbs. Sadly it doesn't have much taste either, but that can be easily remedied with more herbs. Maybe some marmite too. The flavour was boosted by putting some cherry relish in the bundt hole after baking.

I used half the recipe to make 6 mini bundts and baked for 30 minutes.

http://laceandcoco.com/mushroom-nut-roast-cherry-tomatoes/

CHERRY RELISH

I used this recipe, with frozen cherries and subbed the sugar for Truvia

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/28385/fresh+cherry+relish

This one is made with walnuts and rosemary so should be lovely too

http://www.janssushibar.com/fresh-cherry-relish/

2zi3qf5.jpg

A

Avocado Sevenfold

MUESLI

Inspired by forum talk of delicious muesli and granola, I made this for breakfast today :hungry:

Use any roughly chopped nuts and seeds. It should keep for weeks in a jar. I used...

desiccated coconut
pecans
walnuts
hazelnuts
sunflower seeds (without the shell)
pinch of ground ginger
pinch of Truvia (optional)

Dry fry/toast the nuts and seeds in a dry frying pan until they smell toasty. Add ginger and Truvia then allow the muesli to cool. I served it with a chopped strawberry and Alpro plain yogurt.

27zi6qc.jpg

Reactions: Angelofthemarches
A

Avocado Sevenfold

FRY UP

Another weekend breakfast idea. I used half a carton of Yutaka silken tofu. Just whack it in the pan without pressing.

23rspz5.jpg

Scrambled tofu - 3g carbs / 8.6g protein
Tesco high protein toast - 10g carbs / 5.1g protein
Tofurky Italian sausage - 2.5g carbs / 18.3g protein

Reactions: Rose88

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Now you freaked me out @Avocado Sevenfold , lol. Thankfully for now no issues. I hope i don't get any. Along with avocado is banana kiwi Apple mango carrot celery potato tomato melon and the list goes on there is no super clean food. Avocado keeps bs flat and great source of potassium. Given o am dairy intolerant I need some kind of substantial fat. Olive oil is like water. Can't do cheese. Between diabetes and food into.erances the menu is limited. U til I break out in hives or my throat closes I will continue on. Lol.
I luuuuurrrve avocados so much, they have saved my lchf eating on many an occasion!

Reactions: ExD
A

Avocado Sevenfold

CHOCOLATE BUTTONS

I've made these to go on a pudding. Not a recipe as such, just dairy-free, high cocoa chocolate tempered then poured into a mould from ebay. But I found this video about how to easily temper chocolate to keep it crisp at room temperature. Thought it might be useful with Easter coming.

buttons.jpg

Reactions: Ledzeptt
A

Avocado Sevenfold

BOUNTY BITES

I made these today for the holiday weekend. The original recipe was for bounty bars, but I made them smaller using a measuring tablespoon as a scoop. Didn't toast the coconut. They are freezable apparently.

The total recipe is for 12 bars at 4g carbs each = 48g.
The recipe made 42 bites plus a little extra chocolate due to the larger surface area = erm...do you own maths, I'm on holiday! :p

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2016/02/29/keto-bounty-bars

bounty_bites_1.jpg

Ceramic egg holder dragged out of retirement for the occasion :chicken:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

BERRY BURST MILKSHAKE

2 teaspoons of Supergreens Berry Burst
Big glass of unsweetened Almond Breeze (only 0.2% carb)

Mix or whizz together and it tastes like strawberry milk shake! :joyful:

The Supergreens is usually superexpensive, but is on offer at the moment in Superdrug. Was £19.99 now £13.19 per 100g, plus 3 for 2, plus I sent a student for mine so got a further reduction to 3 for £23.

"If you struggle to get your 5 portions of fruit and veg every day, Supergreens Berry Burst can help as it contains all the goodness of 5 portions of fruit and veg per serving to help you top up your daily diet. This is based on the ORAC scale and each 10g of Supergreens has the equivalent of 16 servings of broccoli."

A

Avocado Sevenfold

NEW! FARMFOODS VEGGIE KITCHEN RANGE

Tasty protein shapes. Suitable for vegans. £1.49 per pack.

BURGERS 2.4g carb / 8.7g protein per burger

SAUSAGES 5.3g carb / 14g protein per 2 sausages

MINCE 7.5g carb / 18g protein per 100g

MEATBALLS 5.6g carb / 16g protein per 100g

I tried the sausages and burgers today and I think they are my new favourites. Excuse the poor quality of the last two pictures, but I was in the middle of a freezer shop taking photos like a tourist so had to be quick :snaphappy::oops:

sausages_front.jpg

sausages_back.jpg

mince.jpg

meatballs.jpg