Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tell us what you have eaten today ..

This is a forum for vegetarians .. So please no meat references ..
A Vegetarian is someone who lives on a diet of grains, pulses, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits with, or without, the use of dairy products and eggs. A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish* or by-products of slaughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday I had scrambled eggs and mushrooms for brunch.

In the evening there was a family Italian-y birthday dinner at my mum's so I made my own spiralised courgettes in Sacla vegetarian recipe pesto sauce, sundried tomatoes, feta and flaked almonds. Takes only minutes to throw together so I wasn't in the way. I also took along a Lidl high protein roll which I had cut into thin soldiers, toasted and rubbed with a garlic clove so I had my own garlic bread.

For pudding I had made low carb chocolate mousse flavoured with spiced rum, lime and chilli and served in little espresso cups. I may be able to photograph a leftover one.

And champagne :D

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Here is my leftover chocolate mousse. It got a bit bashed on the journey home, but you get the idea. It is loosely based on a low-carbified version of the following recipe. The orange version might be good for Christmas. It is very rich so little portions are best.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chocolate-orange-mousse-recipe.html

6xyd5h.jpg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Enclave or @Administrator - Could it be worthwhile amending the thread title to be specifically veggie? Something like "Vegetarians; What have you eaten today?"

There's already at least one thread with the current title, and I fear you'll be "contaminated" by enthusiastic omnivores posting their meat feasts.....

Of course, that's just a suggestion. :)

I'll get my coat. I have a Sunday roast (lamb) joint to fettle. ;)

Reactions: 10 people
K

Kat100

Love this page :) @Enclave and @Administrator

Breakfast .. Oats with almond milk .. My porridge with flaxseed ....

Lunch two slices of bread .. pumpkin and sunflower .. With avacardo and bie

Tonight will be veggie roast .. Lovely cauliflower cheese .. All the trimmings sprouts parsnips green beans and two small roast potatoes .. Yum ..

Tonight I will melt some chocolate high % and defrost some raspberries .. To go with it .. With a bit of ice cream ..

Strange been veggie all my life .. So not much diet change for me .. And that's a lot of years ..

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Enclave or @Administrator - Could it be worthwhile amending the thread title to be specifically veggie? Something like "Vegetarians; What have you eaten today?"

There's already at least one thread with the current title, and I fear you'll be "contaminated" by enthusiastic omnivores posting their meat feasts.....

Thanks, I was thinking exactly the same :)

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Of course, that's just a suggestion. :)

I'll get my coat. I have a Sunday roast (lamb) joint to fettle. ;)
Hi @AndBreathe yes sorry I had to post and run .. I will be along soon with the details of what the forum is aiming for

Reactions: busydiabeticmum

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry if my post offended have edited to remove the meat reference, feel free to delete or move my post no worries:)

Reactions: 2 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Not normally one for a sweet breakfast but experimented with the Coconut/Psyllium Flat Bread by adding Cocoa Powder, Coconut Essence, Vanilla Essence & a little Stevia. Ate it with peanut butter - not too shabby :)

L: Tomato, olive & walnut flax muffin with avocado & a couple of spinach puffs

D: Usual Sunday night - 2 Burgen soy & linseed toast with Vegemite, avocado & eggs

My menus can get a bit same same because husband travels a lot & it's a bit dreary cooking for one but maybe this lovely new vegetarian forum will inspire me :)

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I know what you mean @Safi I don't mind cooking for one, but it often means I am eating the same thing for days. My fussy kids wont touch cauliflower :meh:

Brunch: feta omelette
Dinner: a portion of red stuff from the freezer - tomatoes, mushrooms, pepper, cannellini beans - on courgetti and topped with Cajun spice, pickled jalapenos and grated cheddar. A leftover chocolate mousse for pudding.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chocolate/coconut flat bread with peanut butter again
L: cheese/almond bread with chipotle marinated tempeh, 3 spinach puffs & a few macadamias (all a bit random really!)
D: vegetarian 'chicken' & asparagus salad & an olive/tomato/walnut flax muffin. Had planned to have avocado with the salad but the cheeky thing was all spotty under its skin.

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: cheese omelette
L: blueberry chia pudding with flaked almonds, creamy decaf with some coconut oil in it (it's freezing here today)
D: Quorn peppered steak, brussels sprouts with walnut vinaigrette (recipe on the Christmas thread)

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Posting early. A bit samey today!

B: cheese omelette
L: blueberry chia pudding with flaked almonds, creamy decaf with some coconut oil in it
D: lentil and mushroom roast (from the freezer), shredded baby gem lettuce with walnut vinaigrette (from last night)

Got some peanuts for snacking on later during the pottery programme.