Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: glass of almond milk and a big strawberry

L: Lidl roll with a slice of Gary and lemon curd in it

D: mushroom, green bean, chickpea and cashew curry

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Waitrose sell quite a variety of the Taifun tofu, I havent seen them in any other major supermarkets yet. I've tried the basil tofu and the sausages ... lush
We have only ever found them in Waitrose too.

My top tip for the basil one is to cut it into cubes, place a cube between two cherry tomato halves and skewer with a cocktail stick to make caprese bites. Good for a low carb, retro buffet. I love things on sticks!

K

Kat100

We have only ever found them in Waitrose too.

My top tip for the basil one is to cut it into cubes, place a cube between two cherry tomato halves and skewer with a cocktail stick to make caprese bites. Good for a low carb, retro buffet. I love things on sticks!
Very good idea :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Wakey, wakey thread!

Nothing exciting to report here. About to make a big fry up. Made tofu scramble yesterday, but accidentally used garlic powder instead of onion powder :***: Better luck today.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Wakey, wakey thread!

Nothing exciting to report here. About to make a big fry up. Made tofu scramble yesterday, but accidentally used garlic powder instead of onion powder :***: Better luck today.
It was far from serendipitous then?
Can't post today's meals here so far but yesterday..
Breakfast: peanut butter & ginger flapjack
Dinner: cheese & onion pies & buttered sweetcorn
Tea:
Two of Sainsbury's "crustless" quiches for ONE (!!?? ). Tiny, tasty but had pastry bottom. Have emailed Sainsbury's to say crustless means NO pastry.....asked them to rename or make without....

A

Avocado Sevenfold

It was far from serendipitous then?
Can't post today's meals here so far but yesterday..
Breakfast: peanut butter & ginger flapjack
Dinner: cheese & onion pies & buttered sweetcorn
Tea:
Two of Sainsbury's "crustless" quiches for ONE (!!?? ). Tiny, tasty but had pastry bottom. Have emailed Sainsbury's to say crustless means NO pastry.....asked them to rename or make without....
Good luck with Sainsbury's customer services :blackeye: I phoned them about two weeks ago to query the Creole Jambalaya paste I bought. The jar says veggie, but Sainsbury's online says it contains birds so I phoned them up. They said it must just be a mistake on the website so they would change it as soon as possible. It is still showing the wrong ingredients.

The website description gave me the boke so I googled the herbs and spices required to made my own cauli rice jambalaya. Very tasty and was lower carb too! :p

S

Sable_Jan

Good luck with Sainsbury's customer services :blackeye: I phoned them about two weeks ago to query the Creole Jambalaya paste I bought. The jar says veggie, but Sainsbury's online says it contains birds so I phoned them up. They said it must just be a mistake on the website so they would change it as soon as possible. It is still showing the wrong ingredients.

The website description gave me the boke so I googled the herbs and spices required to made my own cauli rice jambalaya. Very tasty and was lower carb too! :p
Got a reply saying a pastry base was needed to keep the ingredients at the bottom and they would pass on the comments about rewording the packaging for when it's reviewed. And issued a refund onto a gift card which I should receive in the next few days....
Needed a BASE to keep the ingredients at the BOTTOM

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: fry up

Dinner: Not even started making it yet as have spent ages looking out at the big fire! It is miles away on the other side of the Clyde but it can be seen from all over the city. This was the view from my front door a short while ago. Massive plume that kept changing from black to orangy. Dinner will eventually be Sainsbury's meatless balls in marinara sauce on courgetti.

big_fire.png

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast

For lunch, had some strawberries and cream

This evening, I had a vegetable soup made with onions, celery, carrots with half a vegetable stock cube and half a can of kidney beans and a packet of tomatoe passata, seasoned with cumin and hot chilli powder and eaten with some Greek yoghurt.

Last edited:

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Hi everyone (haven't been eating much, but ok now)

B: Muesli

L: Hummus sandwich

D: Sweet potato, lentil & spinach stew

80abf502660489dafecdaa8415e504d6.jpg