Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

S

Sable_Jan

Yes most would work. With some fresh herbs mixed.
The key is to make sure that the mixture isn't too wet. Coconut flour would work with that.
I will play around with flavours.
Nor too dry ;) or they won't hold together. Yes, I think coconut flour could work. Possibly a beaten egg could hold them but we have so many recipes with eggs in to help them hold its nice to get away from them from time to time....

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I'm feeling better now (seeing consultant about scan results on Thurs).

B: Croissant & latte

L: Pea soup & bread roll

D: Quorn & veg pie, potatoes and veg

Snacks: 85% chocolate & nuts.

Sounds a lot, but small portions.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

I'm feeling better now (seeing consultant about scan results on Thurs).

B: Croissant & latte

L: Pea soup & bread roll

D: Quorn & veg pie, potatoes and veg

Snacks: 85% chocolate & nuts.

Sounds a lot, but small portions.
That's the key, isn't it... .

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
Thanks @Sable_Jan

=weight loss though (unwanted, but I have some reserves at present).

Ps. I've just been to Tescos: they're selling Alpro unsweetened, roasted almond milk for £1 if anyone's interested.

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks @Sable_Jan

=weight loss though (unwanted, but I have some reserves at present).

Ps. I've just been to Tescos: they're selling Alpro unsweetened, roasted almond milk for £1 if anyone's interested.
Sainsbury's were last week.... never thought to post it.... I normally use soya milk..

I've got some weight to spare if you want it :D..... seriously though hope yours stays stable..

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Avocado Sevenfold You'll have to let us know about the Haloumi, particularly if they get the texture right. (My granddaughter can't eat dairy/cheese, so she relies on violife.)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Tonight I had leftover Sainsbury's balls in marinara with melted Gary in a Lidl roll. Tasty but messy. Will wear a bib next time :dummy1:

Michel Roux Jr was on telly tonight and made a nice roasted carrot hummus topped with crunchy dukka. It was all going so well until he served it in a flower pot :stop::stop::stop:

Grrr!! http://wewantplates.com/

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Usual breakfast and lunch.

D: Spanish casserole (quorn sausage & cannellini beans) with potatoes

Snack: Divine 70% chocolate with raspberries. Also ate a club biscuit to keep my BG up on a long walk in the sunshine

f1cc44f38b1ccd3363e893181b9e2cec.jpg

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
B: Poached egg on toast

L: Halloumi pannini & latte

D: Leftover Spanish casserole & jacket potato

Snack: Peanut butter on toast

Hospital was OK (stomach & duodenum severely inflamed, such that food can't easily squeeze through, as I was expecting). I was dreading the bypass surgery discussed previously, but that decision's been deferred another 6 months. Meantime I'm to have my duodenum expanded again with a "balloon" (it's worked before, for a while). Don't know when.

So, nothing nasty.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: Poached egg on toast

L: Halloumi pannini & latte

D: Leftover Spanish casserole & jacket potato

Snack: Peanut butter on toast

Hospital was OK (stomach & duodenum severely inflamed, such that food can't easily squeeze through, as I was expecting). I was dreading the bypass surgery discussed previously, but that decision's been deferred another 6 months. Meantime I'm to have my duodenum expanded again with a "balloon" (it's worked before, for a while). Don't know when.

So, nothing nasty.

Relieved it is nothing too nasty. Is it related to your 3c or a separate issue? Sorry for my ignorance.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yesterday my daughter wanted to make smokey ball things on courgetti. The main ingredient was ground up cooked pasta. I thought I would give it a go as they say cooled pasta/resistant starch is not so bad. I was 7.7 after 1 hour. Outside my comfort zone so will not have them again. They were tasty enough, but a mushy texture.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks @Avocado Sevenfold

Yes, related to 3c, specifically my pancreatitis - my pancreas was pumping out all its digestive enzymes into me (the equivalent of battery acid), damaging every* organ nearby, including my stomach and duodenum. The consultant said 2 1/2 years was still early to recover and another 6 months could see things settle down.

*At the worst point, my liver, kidneys, spleen and lungs had all ceased functioning (so I'm told). Therefore, being sick and having stomach ache isn't so bad (plus the little diabetes thing).

*** Back on thread:

B: Hot cross bun (wholemeal) for a Sunday treat and it is Lent (although even a small bun is crazily sugary - I hit 7.7 after 1.5 hours which was better than I thought (equivalent to @Avocado Sevenfold's smokey pasta balls). However, I inject fast acting insulin).

L: About to have a cheese & mushroom omelette with salad: a rare LCHF meal for me; no reason other than I fancy an omelette.

D: Ye olde nut cutlet, potatoes & veg of some sort. There will also be a caraway seed cake, as we're celebrating my Father-in-Law's birthday and my wife's baking his favourite, so I will be "obliged" to have a small piece -> more sugar :-(

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Driving along the motorway (I'm a passenger) and just overtaken a Morrisons delivery van with this warning to burglars:
ec6682bce48c29ae5724e2526ac5fdac.jpg

Last edited: