1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Enclave, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Yesterday (look away now if you're LCHF):

B: Granola and a cinnamon bagel

L: Manchester's finest cuisine: the chip butty

D: Pasta with beans/veg in tomato sauce. Strawberries & cream

Basically everything possible including chocolate biscuits, crisps & orange juice to keep my BG up for long walks on holiday :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan Prediabetes · Legend

And why not make the most of being on holiday!!
    Lots of walking, you've earned your treats...

Had some strawberry ice-cream today....home made...experimenting. just whipped cream and pureed strawberries with a bit of sweetener. I did use the recipes in book that came with ice-cream maker and they're fine eaten soon as its ready but freeze hard like an ice-cream lolly.....and I got rid of my moulds.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ledzeptt

B: Peanut butter on toast

L: Hummus & salad sandwich

D: Tofu & veg stir fry (not really authentic Chinese unless a little ginger counts) with cauli-rice

Good news: when I returned from my hols, I had a letter waiting with a hospital appointment next week to dilate my duodenum :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sable_Jan

Mmmm, could just go some peanut butter on toast.... but one slice wouldn't be satisfying enough....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ledzeptt

Hi @Sable_Jan

I'm using LivLife low carb bread so I can have as many slices as I want! (two's enough for me)

• Like Like x 2
  7. DavyPaul

DavyPaul Type 2 · Member

breakfast was mango smoothie - half amango, vegan vanilla protein powder, soy milk, coconut water, pinch of turmeric, ground linseeds.
    lunch was homemade apple/red-cabbage/spring-onion/carrot 'slaw' with my homemade half-fat soy/oil 'mayonaisse' with chinese leaves and sliced marinaded tofu. snack was 2 mejoul dates and a small handful of mixed nuts. (plus my BP tablet, my metformin and an antibiotic for an ear infection! yum...) Personal Trainer session later, so I have another vegan protein powder 'shake' to hand.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DavyPaul

DavyPaul Type 2 · Member

yesterday, I did my own 'raw' version of the wagammama warm tofu chilli salad. sliced and marinaded the tofu in soy-sauce, fresh ginger, hoysin paste, sesame oil and soy-millk to dilute. grated/sliced/spiralised salad veg with sugar snaps & baby sweetcorns. actually did look a bit like this - centre picture https://www.wagamama.com/our-menu/salads https://www.wagamama.com/our-menu/salads

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sable_Jan

I've tried Lidl's low GI cob but never been able to test after....very yummy....

I've not seen that one but don't go supermarket often.... rarely go down bread aisle either but just enjoy the smell of fresh bread when I do....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ledzeptt

Hi @DavyPaul

Your Asian-inspired menu is more adventurous than mine :) In a coincidence, I've just made a smoothie using mango, coconut water, linseeds (and a few other odds and sods), but I'm not vegan so I added Greek yoghurt - sorry!

@Sable_Jan

And in another coincidence, I've finally made a trip to Lidl and bought some of their seeded rolls. I had one for breakfast (tasty) with a fried egg. I'll try another in a few days as I'm using my Libre to compare the impact of different breads and posting the results on another thread: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/thr...nd-flour-act-as-a-low-carb-food.119122/page-2

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook