Very very low carb sausages

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have found better sausages than Debbie's and Andrews.

Jimmys farmers sausages (jimmy of the telly, jamie Oliver's mate)

He has some new free range classic pork sausages which are only 0.3g carbs and 0.3g sugars, so much much lower. I think they are new as only saw then in tesco's for the first time today.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
BioHaZarD said:
I have found better sausages than Debbie's and Andrews.

Jimmys farmers sausages (jimmy of the telly, jamie Oliver's mate)

He has some new free range classic pork sausages which are only 0.3g carbs and 0.3g sugars, so much much lower. I think they are new as only saw then in tesco's for the first time today.

Sounds good, did you see the price > Thanks

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I've seen the Jimmy's Farm ones, but I haven't tried them. Black Farmer's Gluten Free sausages are also very very low in carb (but I think Debbie&Andrew's are nicer if you can tolerate the gluten). Sainsbury's do a gluten free sausage that is very low in carb as well, and it's considerably cheaper than all the others - although not as tasty as Debbie&Andrew's in my opinion.

Smidge

antmos

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I've tried the Black Farmers sausages and they were disgusting! I will give Jimmy Farmers ones a try though. Which sausages do Debbie and Andrew recommend?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried Black Farmers and the skins were like plastic :!:

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
antmos said:
I've tried the Black Farmers sausages and they were disgusting! I will give Jimmy Farmers ones a try though. Which sausages do Debbie and Andrew recommend?

Debbie and Andrews pork sausages. (it's a make)

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
How much to post to Bali please ha ha ha

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not tried Jimmy's but find The Black Farmers and Debbie & Andrews just fine on taste and carbs, tend to stick with my local butchers now but would never ever buy any cheap brand sausages from supermarkets.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
There are several low carb varieties available at Waitrose[not labelled as such]. I just look at the backs of the packages. some of the lower carb ones are not even more expensive. Ithink that by law a pork sausage need only be about 65% meat [Not sure of that one

Hana

Defren

I lurve the Debbie and Andrew sausages, so not sure I would want to change. If people do try these new ones, will you do a rating please?

Hana, I live miles and miles from the nearest Waitrose, so have to rely on Sainsbury's and Tesco, but always go for Debbie and Andrew, so does anyone have any yummy low carb recommendations from Sainsbury's?

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
M&S is good for low carb and wheat free sausages. Bought some Waitrose ones the other day, they look suspiciously like the M&S ones, but I haven't eaten them yet.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Defren said:
I lurve the Debbie and Andrew sausages, so not sure I would want to change. If people do try these new ones, will you do a rating please?

Hana, I live miles and miles from the nearest Waitrose, so have to rely on Sainsbury's and Tesco, but always go for Debbie and Andrew, so does anyone have any yummy low carb recommendations from Sainsbury's?

I am picking some up tomorrow, will eat this week and let you know.

Yes anything with Pork in has to be at least 64% Pork, Debbies and Andrews are 97% and the Jimmys ones are meant to be 100%

TPO

Morrison's range of 'Best' sausages are all really low in carbs and taste nice enough. Plenty of choice with regards to flavour as well - Aberdeen Angus, Pork & Apple, Chorizo etc.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
TPO said:
Morrison's range of 'Best' sausages are all really low in carbs and taste nice enough. Plenty of choice with regards to flavour as well - Aberdeen Angus, Pork & Apple, Chorizo etc.

Seen them and they do look good, I think any sausage with a minimum of 80% pork will be low-carb and of a decent quality, you know when you cut into them if they are a quality sausage.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
M&S and the Co-op both do sausages which are over 90% pork so pretty good for low carbing.

I always wonder, when you see 65% pork, what they have really bulked it out with.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LittleGreyCat said:
M&S and the Co-op both do sausages which are over 90% pork so pretty good for low carbing.

I always wonder, when you see 65% pork, what they have really bulked it out with.

You really do not want to know.......... :***: