Victoza - Liraglutide & Pregnancy

Anonymous Question

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Have any of you ladies out there been taking Victoza- liraglutide and fell pregnant? What was the outcome of your pregnancy and did it have any affect on your baby?

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello,

Yes! I have!! I actually didn't realise I was pregnant when they put me on it. I am type 1 diabetic and I was on it as part of a trial. I must have been on it for up to 7 weeks when I was pregnant! The scared the absolute life out of me weird telling me all the possible side effects and that I should consider a termination because they didn't know what the outcome would be. I was scared to absolute death about it! Obviously they stopped my dose of victoza when they found out I was pregnant. But they made me so worried about it!!

My baby was born at 38 weeks, he was ill when he was born but that was due to diabetes complications (low blood sugar) then he suffered a chest infection, but this was due to the c section and him being a big baby (11lb 1oz!!)

Absolutely no ill effects from it and I now how a healthy 5 and a half year old!

I hope this helps and that all is well with u X X X X

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 3 people