victoza

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
Please can someone give me some honest advice I have been on victoza for 9months i've lost over 2stone my A1c is 5'6 which I thought was very good.had a meeting with doctor this afternoon and they want me to come of it as she says my reading is to low also told me I will have heart attack and can cause cancer.I am so upset ive had type 2 diabetes for 12years been on insulin for 6yrs put on weight never felt well.since ive been on victoza felt I got my life back never had any of the side affects like sickness or runs.I was very upset and asked for a a1c blood test as it was December results she was looking at. Shes not happy with me at all as argued about my numbers I have always followed high fat low carb diet from dr Bernstein Came home and looked on line was upset to read conflicting evidence about victoza some say it causes cancer in mice and rats plus other complications its so new no evidence on humans .what is the truth ive never felt so well but don't want a heart attack or cancer.Ive tried so hard to come of insulin I won't go back on it .any advice will be more than welcome

AnandaUK

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I've been on Victoza for about 9 months, I'm going to see my consultant in a couple weeks and I'm actually hoping to get taken off it. I don't have any side effects from it, but I'd much rather try to control with diet and exercise. My last a1c test in April was 40.0 (5.8%). If I can come off all the meds I'd be really happy.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,ve been on victoza for 7 months and not lost any weight. I have a review in July when I will be taken off the victoza

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
my doctor rang me yesterday agreed to take half my victoza for 2months.I took 1 Glucophage tablet at breakfast and 0.6 victoza at 10pm woke up at 3am was 4.2 very surprized so had fruit juice was 5.2 at breakfast. Took no Glucophage today just had my 0.6 of victoza and I'm 5.2.think I will set alarm for 3am and see what happens.maybe I don'tneed it after all.maybe loosing weight has kick started my pancreas into working again.I do hope so.