vitamin D for diabetic women

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most people have lower levels of Vitamin D than is optimal. I had Vitamin D deficiency and felt lethargic and depressed, once on supplements I felt much better.

It is known that being deficient in Vitamin D causes depression.

Our bodies are not designed for the indoor lifestyle that most people have.

Tigerkitty1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was feeling lethargic, hated climbing stairs, then I fell in the garden, broke my right wrist sprained the left, the hospital were taking me to theatre but cancelled when they found I was anaemic,
Gave me some blood before going to theatre next day, the day after the physio came round and said if you can climb stairs you will be fit to go home, I was amazed the effect a blood transfusion can have, I was up and down those stairs in a flash, now I take iron, and calcium with Vit D and zinc, magnesium, was feeling good in the summer sitting in the sunshine, but now I need the tablets, So glad now that I had that accident

iHs

I live in the outskirts of London so get plenty of sunshine but this year after taking a low dose statin for a number of months, my vit D levels fell and was enough to make me need a vit D injection. I will have another vit D test done again in the new year and will take things from there. I have cut back on the statin and only take it 3 times per week and also following a semi low carb diet jus to see how carbohydrate affects cholesterol.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Good evening, I'd be glad to share the research and facts I've gained on Vitamin D. I've been going through a patch of low mood, I go everywhere by car, don't have hardly any exposure to the sun and have grumbling joint pains. So that's me.

Over 1 billion people in the world are D deficient, they call it the sunshine vitamin as exposure to direct sunshine and UVB rays is how we get it, 10-30 minutes a day. There is a blood test you can request called a 25ohd, which will tell you what your levels are, it's advised to get this done before starting any vitamin D supplements. I didn't bother as the sun hardly comes near me especially through the winter. I found out that there is vitamin D2 and D3, D2 is synthesised and not that effective. D3 kept coming up is the form to take. There are links with D deficiency and diabetes I found so with all the data I found I decided to buy some and try it.

I bought Doctors Best 10,000 IU strength from Amazon. There are 180 soft gel capsules in each bottle and the label says 1 or 2 tablets per day, it cost £7 for a bottle. I've started taking them and I'm a week in. This past few days my mood has definitely improved, I especially noticed today. It's not a placebo effect I definitely feel brighter, more energy but no improvement to joint grumbles as yet. I'm taking 2 per day, the research I've done says it can take a week to 2 months to notice an effect, I'm so pleased so far.

Key in vitamin D3 into YouTube and you'll find a doctor telling you the studies they've done in the USA, which included evidence of D preventing risk of 19 different cancers by up to 90%. For me I want better mood and the end to joint complaints without taking prescriptive medicines and the side effects that they bring.

Hope this has helped, it's working for me so far.

Kind regards,

Q..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people