Vitamin D Supplements Might Prevent Flu and Colds

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must have enough Vit D of my own in that case. :)

I don't take supplements, have never had flu and haven't had a cold for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: Liam1955

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take vitamin d all year round and never have the flu and never get a cold...don´t know if vitamin d is the reason... maybe I just had then all when being a child...

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I take a vitamin d spray i have to as I get deficient my dr said everyone in the uk shold take this supplement

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I've even had to stop eating any food with vit D in it as mines too high!! I hope for my sake that my limited eating isnt going to be made more limited because everything is being fortified with extra!!
I hope sunshine and supplements become norm ratherthan adding in to foods..

They should also consider though that d3 needs k2 and calcium.. does the average person nowadays also eat enough food with K2 in to make theD3 affective.

Are they going to make D3 tests available for everyone easily to have?
High D3 levels are dangerous.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I was prescribed by Rheumatologist and started taking Vitamin D3 - 4 drops daily for Bone Pain way back in August, 2016. I have gone through 'Winter' without having a single Cold and/or Chest Infection and as for the Bone Pain? = still got it.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My D3 was initially prescribed by an Oncologist after bone DEXA Scan that showed good density..
No D3 level was checked then in my blood.

I was told to take it due to the hormone tablets from cancer...

6 months later my gastroenterologist does D3 and calcium test and although thankfully they are in sync my D3 was really high... greater than 150.
Despite stopping D3 supplements at that stage my levels are still that high!!so now have had to stop eating food with extra D3 added in to it...

Please, everybody do not just start taking D3 from the media saying we should.. please ask your GP to do a d3 and calcium test first..
High D3 is dangerous too.