We are all very different in our journey

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I have found this forum very supportive with much help from those who have actually been on a diabetic journey - it really is a journey with some stops along the way but little chance of arriving at our hoped for destination.
I was diagnosed T2 in 2007 and maintained great BG results long with good A1C. At my 6 monthly check in April 2013 all was, as usual, well within targets. I started to feel quite ill from May onwards and no result or cure from medics. BGs were not checked as they were fine only weeks before and T2 are not recommended to effect BM. In October 2013 I did BM check and they were in the high 20s. I tested for 4 days to ensure that this was not a blip. It wasn't. I went to GP, had an immediate A1C result was 71 and 3 days later was on Humalog mix 25 twice a day. It is not always a glide slope to becoming insulin dependant. Depending on health and circumstances it is possible to drop off the cliff edge. We just need to be aware that this can happen.
Hope this may help others ho may be wondering.
Alan.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Apologies - I should asks have stated that I was misdiagnosed asT2. I am in fact LADA.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your quite right the journey never ends but there's plenty of stops along the way, good luck Alan :)