Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Down from 95.9kg to 95.6kg this week so just a small loss of 0.3kg, but I'm just glad I lost something after a few indulgences last weekend for my birthday. I had a few low carb treats that definitely weren't low calorie! Have you tried Diet Dr's chocolate and peanut squares?! :p

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah now I have lost 1 kg for the first time in very long time , I still keep track of my calories and have a hard time eating very low calories ... But I am increasingly suspicious that it has been my drinking of high amounts of Pepsi max that has hindered me in loosing weight , I had 4 month where I drank a lot untill my dentist told me I had acid damage , now I try to avoid drinking this kind of non food and suddenly I am again able to loose weight , it is not a scientific fact I must admit but I makes me wonder how much damage these artificial sweeteners might do in our bodies

78.5 kg now

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yeah now I have lost 1 kg for the first time in very long time , I still keep track of my calories and have a hard time eating very low calories ... But I am increasingly suspicious that it has been my drinking of high amounts of Pepsi max that has hindered me in loosing weight , I had 4 month where I drank a lot untill my dentist told me I had acid damage , now I try to avoid drinking this kind of non food and suddenly I am again able to loose weight , it is not a scientific fact I must admit but I makes me wonder how much damage these artificial sweeteners might do in our bodies

78.5 kg now
Funny enough I had very little diet lemonade too. I've drank no added sugar diluted juices more. Water on it's own just isn't appetizing to me. It's imperative I keep drinking, for my kidney's sake.
I will keep it in mind if my weight loss stops again too.
As mine stalled and added a bit but now back off.
Mind you I couldnt sleep yesterday and thought maybe my thyroid was overactive again on the reduced 175mg levothyroxine.
Only time will tell.
If severe palpitations again, I'll know why.

Reactions: Freema

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well done everyone. We have the determination and will get our targets. I need to keep telling myself that because I have an horrendous craving to go to the coffee shop at a certain book store I know for a pot of tea and a slice of cake. It is soooo bad. I had hoped I had overwritten that psychobabble programming with a treat myself to a packet of seeds brainwash.

The good?!? news is I have just returned from the hospital. I need two hip operations. Waiting time for the first is 5 months and there is no pain medication able to manage the pain. Help!!!

Today I start step 3 of pain management. Codeine 30mg. Maybe that will help in conjunction with the light reading the hospital have provided me with including the exercise programme and the crutches.

I weighed myself first thing at 73.4. Same as last week. I should be jumping for joy at the thought of making progress by getting on the list for the operation but I just cannot think of anything to be happy about.

Reactions: Polgara and Freema

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done everyone. We have the determination and will get our targets. I need to keep telling myself that because I have an horrendous craving to go to the coffee shop at a certain book store I know for a pot of tea and a slice of cake. It is soooo bad. I had hoped I had overwritten that psychobabble programming with a treat myself to a packet of seeds brainwash.

The good?!? news is I have just returned from the hospital. I need two hip operations. Waiting time for the first is 5 months and there is no pain medication able to manage the pain. Help!!!

Today I start step 3 of pain management. Codeine 30mg. Maybe that will help in conjunction with the light reading the hospital have provided me with including the exercise programme and the crutches.

I weighed myself first thing at 73.4. Same as last week. I should be jumping for joy at the thought of making progress by getting on the list for the operation but I just cannot think of anything to be happy about.

Sorry to hear about the need for the ops. Hope you are able to find a way to at least manage the pain.

Reactions: covknit

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes it is hardly anything one can look forward to , But most end up being happy for the operation later on try to keep up your spirit

Reactions: Liam1955

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
I loved getting down below the 100kg mark!
I have tried and failed twice before, both times I got stuck at 102Kg mark. However, I didn't have the same incentive last time.

Reactions: Prem51

XarinaAkhtar

Good post and motivating. So don't mind if I do join you. At my highest weight I was 15 stone 10, my lowest was 12 stone 4lbs. It crept up again due to injuries and stress so now I'm back up since being welcomed into the fold. On Monday I weighed in at 15 stone 3lbs. Weighed today and am 15 stone 2lb. A 1lb loss . See how I get on.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Sorry to hear about the need for the ops. Hope you are able to find a way to at least manage the pain.
Thank you for the kind thoughts. I think distraction techniques are the only solution. Just concentrate on something/anything else. Trouble is I cannot. I have tried researching pain management and the arthritis people have made some lovely suggestions but everything just seems to depress me more. I am sure the examination has had some impact on the discomfort and pain. I am told painkillers lose effectiveness and because they are opioid I could become addicted. Reasons to be cheerful seem elusive.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Yes it is hardly anything one can look forward to , But most end up being happy for the operation later on try to keep up your spirit
Thank you for the positivity. I know quite a few people who have had it done without complication and never had a regret. My mum had problems both times (I blame that particular hospital) and says we wishes she never had the second operation. I have been thinking about chopping my own leg off so I am pretty certain I will never regret having it done. It cannot happen soon enough. Apart from my perplexity about the high energy drink before the operation to aid recovery it should be ok. Hubby can even bring in food allbeit a mister roth chocolate bar for breakfast. I shall find out more on the pre op course which must be quite intensive because it specifies everyone, especially diabetics should bring our own food. The whole thing just makes me wonder why bother about what I eat. When the diabetes gets worse I can have some medication and maybe I will be lucky and avoid complications.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
TazziT said:
I have tried and failed twice before, both times I got stuck at 102Kg mark. However, I didn't have the same incentive last time.
I think you will do it this time. Low carb diet will make all the difference. I don't high fat because I've plenty of my own which needs dispersing. Ha ha
I bet you'll do it this time! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you for the kind thoughts. I think distraction techniques are the only solution. Just concentrate on something/anything else. Trouble is I cannot. I have tried researching pain management and the arthritis people have made some lovely suggestions but everything just seems to depress me more. I am sure the examination has had some impact on the discomfort and pain. I am told painkillers lose effectiveness and because they are opioid I could become addicted. Reasons to be cheerful seem elusive.
My mum had a hip operation about 10yrs ago. She was fused because of calcification of arthritis. She has been travelling and been very mobile just til recently. She now needs her knee doing so she is adding weight as movement painful and off putting to move, much.
I have 2 bulging discs so I understand your pain relief being at times as useful as water.
Please get paul mckennas pain distraction cd. A god send to some and tens machine can help. Keep moving but when topped up on tramadol or similiar. I'm wishing weight loss and the 5mths to fly by.
I'm preparing for a bariatric surgery. Hence need for weight loss too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I have to text FLO every monday my weight.
Since last monday I've lost 1kg. So diabetic unit will be delighted when I see them wed next week. :) especially if I've lost more from now til then. :) :) :)
Monday weight is 123.80kgs after a treatable saturday with cod without batter.

Reactions: Liam1955