ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
0 lost for me today :( Still, it's only week 3 of LCHF and this week has been more "carby" than I would have liked (TOTM and all that). Back to the drawing board next week.
I didn't lose on lchf but it had great affect on my fatty liver problem. Great detox, for sure. I only started losing on low carb, low fat. Give it a go?

Reactions: Liam1955

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
75.7 Kg this morning which is good considering I was as high as 76.9 Kg last week. I have recently stopped eating breakfast or just eat one small piece of carrot with hummus dip instead. I had got into the 75 Kg range once in the past, but for the last couple of months I have been stuck in the 76 Kg range. I need to get down to 68 Kg to have a BMI of 25 and no longer be overweight.

Reactions: Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
75.7 Kg this morning which is good considering I was as high as 76.9 Kg last week. I have recently stopped eating breakfast or just eat one small piece of carrot with hummus dip instead. I had got into the 75 Kg range once in the past, but for the last couple of months I have been stuck in the 76 Kg range. I need to get down to 68 Kg to have a BMI of 25 and no longer be overweight.
I can see you smashing that @Art Of Flowers . Well done. :) :) :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
My mum had a hip operation about 10yrs ago. She was fused because of calcification of arthritis. She has been travelling and been very mobile just til recently. She now needs her knee doing so she is adding weight as movement painful and off putting to move, much.
I have 2 bulging discs so I understand your pain relief being at times as useful as water.
Please get paul mckennas pain distraction cd. A god send to some and tens machine can help. Keep moving but when topped up on tramadol or similiar. I'm wishing weight loss and the 5mths to fly by.
I'm preparing for a bariatric surgery. Hence need for weight loss too.
Thank you for the advice. I will get those. I have been struggling with the mindfulness techniques and cannot get out of the "oow is me" mindset. I was wondering about the best way of keeping "topped up". I was in a state on Friday and I am not going to say how I handled it but with the added benefit of a lot of bed rest, 2 walking sticks, a picker upper and a slave I have gone from maxing out on meds (I was on the 15mg at the time) to 5 of the 60mg and hardly any of the paracetamol. No idea if that is good for long term management but I will take your advice and get into the habit of doing my exercises shortly after druggie time. If I had young children or had to go to work I think I would collapse. You are an inspiration. Your poor mum. The knee operation is such a biggie.

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you for the advice. I will get those. I have been struggling with the mindfulness techniques and cannot get out of the "oow is me" mindset. I was wondering about the best way of keeping "topped up". I was in a state on Friday and I am not going to say how I handled it but with the added benefit of a lot of bed rest, 2 walking sticks, a picker upper and a slave I have gone from maxing out on meds (I was on the 15mg at the time) to 5 of the 60mg and hardly any of the paracetamol. No idea if that is good for long term management but I will take your advice and get into the habit of doing my exercises shortly after druggie time. If I had young children or had to go to work I think I would collapse. You are an inspiration. Your poor mum. The knee operation is such a biggie.
Max painkillers to keep mobile is never a full term solution but to get you out of the adding weight rut and cholesterol going too high due to lack of walking. I'm a great believer in preventing immobility to lead to bedridden mass obesity problems.
A little everyday or most days will make a huge difference to your mobility. Once we stop. It's very very difficult to get that heavy weight back off. Depression sets in and makes it even worse.
Keep moving, even just to top/bottom of your street and back daily. Maybe more when you feel stronger and a bit more in a few months. Before you know it your op date will be set. -♡♥♡

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I did 5 repititions of the exercises this afternoon. I could not even face the stairs on the 15mg. It would be so easy to stay in bed. These 30mg are so much better. I am beginning to look forward to doing stuff on the lottie again. It has taken so long to get a diagnosis I feel quite burnt out. I had better pull myself together. Tomorrow the father of the allotment site is 100. He has had 3 hip ops and still walks around the site 2 or 3 times a day. He does not do much on his own plot nowadays though. Strangely it was his father in law that laid out the site 100 years ago in April 1917. Isn't that amazing.
It is cold and damp now but tomorrow I will go for a walk. For now i shall start counting the days. 150 to go, maybe less.

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I didn't lose on lchf but it had great affect on my fatty liver problem. Great detox, for sure. I only started losing on low carb, low fat. Give it a go?

I suspect I may have to try that after a while. I had a sneaky look on Monday and had lost but I'm not telling until Friday as I don't trust a result until it has remained off for the week if you see what I mean.

I'm still at the beginning of my LCHF and still have another 2.5 maybe 3 stones to go (which feels quite a lot for me.). If I plateau I will change things up. It's working on my numbers and my energy as well. I must stop focusing on the weight really but for me it has been miserable carrying it around. I haven't felt like myself for quite a few years now. Bloody diabetes! (sorry for the swear :) )

Thanks for the good advice x

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

Christina0308

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my first weigh in from Mid May with nurse today, from 97kg down to 82.5kg with the surgery scales, started LCHF from beginning June so quite happy:D. Need to keep going still some to loose although I seem to have slowed the loss now.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Seen my one to one dietician today. She is delighted. I've lost nearly 3kgs in 4wks. Don't have to see her til October now. I'm delighted too as she supports my higher protein and lower carb diet than the general group diet group for bariatric surgery. Im still losing on it so I'll keep smiling. :) :) :)

Reactions: Polgara

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Checking in early this week - off on holiday for a few days, so won't be near a scale again until this time next week and want a baseline for when I get back. At 74.4 today, 0.7kg down from Friday.
Have a wonderful holiday

Reactions: Liam1955

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Seen my one to one dietician today. She is delighted. I've lost nearly 3kgs in 4wks. Don't have to see her til October now. I'm delighted too as she supports my higher protein and lower carb diet than the general group diet group for bariatric surgery. Im still losing on it so I'll keep smiling. :) :) :)
That is an amazing weight loss. You are doing so well. and, darling girl, thank you for all your good vibes. They have influenced the telepathy of the universe. I have a pre op assessment on the 31st! I am so happy I could jump for joy - Well I could if it wasn't for the fact that I might never move again ;)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect I may have to try that after a while. I had a sneaky look on Monday and had lost but I'm not telling until Friday as I don't trust a result until it has remained off for the week if you see what I mean.

I'm still at the beginning of my LCHF and still have another 2.5 maybe 3 stones to go (which feels quite a lot for me.). If I plateau I will change things up. It's working on my numbers and my energy as well. I must stop focusing on the weight really but for me it has been miserable carrying it around. I haven't felt like myself for quite a few years now. Bloody diabetes! (sorry for the swear :) )

Thanks for the good advice x

Hi @Lily76

You might want to try some intermittent fasting before reducing fat - fat is really good for keeping you full and keeping hunger at bay. I found that by skipping breakfast- tried it every now and then at first before cutting it out every day - my weight loss sped up and my numbers improved. Then I started skipping lunch some days as well and that really sped up the weight loss as well as also improving blood sugars. It's not for everyone, but has worked for me - and prior to this I could never imagine voluntarily skipping a meal!

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Lily76

You might want to try some intermittent fasting before reducing fat - fat is really good for keeping you full and keeping hunger at bay. I found that by skipping breakfast- tried it every now and then at first before cutting it out every day - my weight loss sped up and my numbers improved. Then I started skipping lunch some days as well and that really sped up the weight loss as well as also improving blood sugars. It's not for everyone, but has worked for me - and prior to this I could never imagine voluntarily skipping a meal!

Thanks. I have skipped lunch a couple of times for one reason or another (busy, not hungry...) and have felt fine and had a reduction in my BG. So I'll keep that tool in the arsenal... (see what I did there? Arsenal? lol ;) )

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Down another little bit, 0.3kg this week :)
I have to request leave of absence next week, I'll be on holiday, eating out a lot but long walks will hopefully prevent a weight gain :rolleyes:

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51