Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Are you sure your scales aren't stuck?! ;):joyful:

Partner says I am 12 stone 10 lbs - didn't have my glasses on and did not put scales to zero. So that's a 2 lb loss which I am Happy with :).
As you are doing a lot of walking you might be pleasantly surprised to be losing inches rather than weight?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lost another 1kg since dietician weigh-in wednesday. (2days ago) I'm delighted. :) :) :)
122.70kgs now.
I weighed in on 121.90kgs :) :) :) just under another kg lost.

Dn told me i was 120kgs when i got referred to hospital in June 2015 with 114 hba1b which is now 48.
I wonder how my fatty liver enzyme output is looking like. I must ask for my lastest print out.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
75.4 Kg today, down from 76.1 last Saturday. :)
This is my lowest weight since being diagnosed with type 2 when I was approx 10 Kg heavier).

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
75.4 Kg today, down from 76.1 last Saturday. :)
This is my lowest weight since being diagnosed with type 2 when I was approx 10 Kg heavier).
Well done.
I couldnt lose weight. You?
I had symptoms when I was 6yr old. 40yrs ago. I only lost weight doing 600cals or exercised heavily everyday on kiddie portions.
Now only low carb, low fat. Low fat on own didnt work neither. I have to use insulin too. With metformin or no loss either.
What a life!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done.
I had symptoms when I was 6yr old. 40yrs ago. I only lost weight doing 600cals or exercised heavily everyday on kiddie portions.
Now only low carb, low fat. Low fat on own didnt work neither. I have to use insulin too. With metformin or no loss either.
What a life!
sounds inhumanly hard... hope you´ll soon get this operation

Last edited:

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done.
What a life!
I was 85 Kg last October. When diagnosed with type 2 I started to reduce carbs and my weight dropped gradually down to 76 Kg last March, but seems to have plateaued since then.

Just recently, I replaced my breakfast weekday breakfast with one small carrot with some humus and I have also tried Kefir from Sainsburys. I believe Kefir can help weight loss and improve digestion. My weight seems to have dropped into the 75Kg range. My goal is to get to 68Kg when my BMI will be 25. I first got interested in Kefir after watching the BBC program Trust Me I'm a Doctor ... see http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38800977

At the weekends, I skip breakfast and just drink some Bluebird Gingerbread Chai Tea (made with Rooibos, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and mallow flowers)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My scales registered at 140 Lb this morning so am losing weight again. My grandson gifted me with some of his clothes that are now too small for him (seventeen inch biceps now) as he never used to pay less than £50 - £60 for a shirt I'm not complaining.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Briefly, only yesterday, I weighed 138.4 on my digital scale, while stark raving nude after a lunch and a bath. The bath was probably responsible because by today, I was 142. Howsomever, it tweeked my porous mind to consider, like a flash of lightning at the horizon, or was it a distant wildfire, the possibility of venturing under 140. Prayer works?
That could be water retention, for you.
Mine goes down after furosemide then back up again. My blood pressure too, I think.
Weigh yourself twice in that day and use the lowest weight?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. Lost 1.1kg this week. Very happy with that as it includes a weekend away with friends where I ate way too much (still low carb, just a ton of food!).

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No loss for me this week. Full of water again. Been doing too much this week. Off out food shopping as past 2 days has been carb fillers as i was skint from clothes and spending money for 10yr old's adventure holiday this week and 2 school uniforms and nearly £100 for school shoes.
Only loss has been in my purse. Ha ha
Hoping water tummy goes away over weekend when I can rest.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After being away on holiday last week, eating out more but walking more, I was expecting to gain weight or at least hoping to stay steady. Well the good news is I've lost 1.7kg in the last fortnight! :happy: I obviously need to go on holiday more often! :joyful:

Lily76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Down another 2.5lbs. That's 15lbs gone in the last 6 weeks.

I should tell y'all my stats really.

Height: 5'3"
High Weight: 13st 5.5lbs (obese acc to NHS BMI)
Starting (LCHF) weight: 13st 3.5lbs
Current weight: 12st 2.5lbs

Only 1.5lbs before I am no longer classed as "obese" but merely "overweight". [Gotta love NHS BMI *sigh*]

My shape has totally changed incidentally. I can get into sizes I couldn't have before when I was younger and at a lower weight than currently. Metformin has been my saviour in this regard and helped me stick to LCHF. I'm working with it, not letting it do the work.

Making friends with my Diabetes has been key. Like all good friends we fall out sometimes but we're best when we help each other out. :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
After being away on holiday last week, eating out more but walking more, I was expecting to gain weight or at least hoping to stay steady. Well the good news is I've lost 1.7kg in the last fortnight! :happy: I obviously need to go on holiday more often! :joyful:
Fantastic @Rachox . Well done. :)

Reactions: Rachox

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all. Thinking of joing this group, if thats ok?

But could anyone please tell me which scale to use? At the moment I am using my mums old bathroom scales that she purchased from mrs noah when she was cleaning out the ark. I hear that there are some fancy new ones with numbers you can actually read.

I know I have lost a bit of weight but would love to do it weekly and a bit more structured than hopping on different scales on my very occasional doctor visits. Thank you all.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Kentoldlady1 Welcome to the thread! You can use any scales you want to. I was using a cheap Salters digital scale which I didn't think was too accurate, then switched to an Omron scales which also gives me a measurement of visceral fat.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all. Thinking of joing this group, if thats ok?

But could anyone please tell me which scale to use? At the moment I am using my mums old bathroom scales that she purchased from mrs noah when she was cleaning out the ark. I hear that there are some fancy new ones with numbers you can actually read.

I know I have lost a bit of weight but would love to do it weekly and a bit more structured than hopping on different scales on my very occasional doctor visits. Thank you all.

I have these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007QM6...UTF8&colid=1O3CSZ2REKHFC&coliid=IQQMFH7YN1ABR

Nice big numbers, switches on automatically when you step on, and the choice of kgs, lbs or Stones and lbs. A well known make and not too expensive either.

Reactions: ickihun