Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Prem51
Not familiar with weights in lb but if I've done my sums right.... 150lb is about 10 st 7lb ? I'm not quite sure about kg either.... My brain works in old imperial measurements!
I'm new to this thread... Don't use my phone app very often!
My GP weighed me on 18th Sept at 74kg..... Which I was pleased with cos less kgs than in August 76kg but didn't know what it was in st lb !!!!
Hope you've reached your ideal weight goal
emoji41.png
I don't understand kgs either.
150 lbs is 10 st 10 lbs. I seem to be sticking at around that weight, so I guess my body thinks that is what I should be.
I didn't post last week, and I probably won't post weight again unless it moves significantly from 150 lbs - I am 148.8 lbs today.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good to see the success stories here: I had a mixed week with some very good days, but a couple of big meals and binges. My sugars remained OK, but I gained 1lb. I was just going to keep that to myself, but maybe it's good to share the not-so-good news in case anyone else let themselves down a little this week. To be fair, 1lb isn't as bad as it could have been- more of a warning shot. I'll consider myself warned and try to follow your lead this week!

Reactions: Prem51

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Slowed down a little this week due to a bad meal choice on Wednesday evening.

0.9 loss giving 102Kg going into next week..

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Good to see the success stories here: I had a mixed week with some very good days, but a couple of big meals and binges. My sugars remained OK, but I gained 1lb. I was just going to keep that to myself, but maybe it's good to share the not-so-good news in case anyone else let themselves down a little this week. To be fair, 1lb isn't as bad as it could have been- more of a warning shot. I'll consider myself warned and try to follow your lead this week!
It's good to post both highs and lows,

I made a real bad meal choice on Wednesday as I was feeling low and wallowing self pitty. I actually put away a whole portion of Singapore nodles, Crispy chilli beef, sweet and sour vegetables and a bag of pawn crackers. My blood 2hrs after was 12.1 and next morning was still higher than normal.

Slip up is now over and I'm back on it...

Reactions: Prem51

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well! What a strange day!
I went to my surgery this afternoon, waited for my turn with a number of other patients
we have only had locum GPs since our family GP retired
my locum came to the waiting area and apologised to all, that she had to leave for an emergency house call
she asked us to reschedule our appointments.... receptionist was overwhelmed by an avalanche of patients... 1st come 1st served!
I hung back due to my ailments and was last to remake my appointment.... a week today!
I was disappointed. I was already upset because I have been banned from one of the threads I like to post in....
apparently I used offensive language!! ME!! I don't remember the incident and of course the offending post has been deleted by moderators, absolutely correct of course.... but it means I don't know what I did wrong!!
I have apologised for any offense I may have caused in the "the SCREAM thread"
I hope I have not inadvertently caused anyone any offense here!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You can do it!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Polgara !
Love your avatar! Is that you, hiding behind the sparkler love heart?! :cat:
Hope your HbA1c will prove to be positive and you drop the metformin!! :joyful::cat:

Yep - that's me :) I think I will try to redo this photo on bonfire night this year as there is a lot less of me these days :)

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's good to post both highs and lows,

I made a real bad meal choice on Wednesday as I was feeling low and wallowing self pitty. I actually put away a whole portion of Singapore nodles, Crispy chilli beef, sweet and sour vegetables and a bag of pawn crackers. My blood 2hrs after was 12.1 and next morning was still higher than normal.

Slip up is now over and I'm back on it...
Easily done.
I'm hoping I'm through my bleep too. Fingers crossed.
It can be very hardwork.
I know.

Reactions: Goonergal

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well! What a strange day!
I went to my surgery this afternoon, waited for my turn with a number of other patients
we have only had locum GPs since our family GP retired
my locum came to the waiting area and apologised to all, that she had to leave for an emergency house call
she asked us to reschedule our appointments.... receptionist was overwhelmed by an avalanche of patients... 1st come 1st served!
I hung back due to my ailments and was last to remake my appointment.... a week today!
I was disappointed. I was already upset because I have been banned from one of the threads I like to post in....
apparently I used offensive language!! ME!! I don't remember the incident and of course the offending post has been deleted by moderators, absolutely correct of course.... but it means I don't know what I did wrong!!
I have apologised for any offense I may have caused in the "the SCREAM thread"
I hope I have not inadvertently caused anyone any offense here!
Nope.
I'm hoping the mod gets training on how to delete a post with sincerity. I know the forum is always looking to improve hun.
We all make mistakes. I'm like you I need to know what was offensive if I get editted or deleted thou.
It must depend on which mod does it. Like everything in life, we are all different. ♡♥♡
Keep smiling and sharing your kind sincerity. It will rub off! You'll see.
We need your lovely posts.
I've posted in the past, in between childcaring, and not typed good english or even a bit double dutch. Poor readers. Ha ha They must have hearts of gold to put up with my, sometimes, ramblings. ;)

Reactions: Polgara

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 154 last week and 151 lbs this week so a loss of 3 lbs! I'm delighted. I have low carbed but I think the swimming each day for an hour is the real key.

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I weighed this morning afterall. I'm 119.60kgs this morning! :) :) :) A 2.10kg loss this week! :) I'm absolutely delighted.
4.5lb loss! Last week I was full of water even some last night. Once I month this happens just before monthly, it feels.
Well this was 2wks ago.
I'm 120.30kgs on the scales this morning. My fbg is averaging in 6s but im having occasional high post meal bgs but a lot of stress at mo. Little one is still not full settled in his new school. :(
More insulin and less high bgs really help me lose weight. Strange but true.
Back to 60 units of novarapid today then.

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this was 2wks ago.
I'm 120.30kgs on the scales this morning. My fbg is averaging in 6s but im having occasional high post meal bgs but a lot of stress at mo. Little one is still not full settled in his new school. :(
Stress is no good :( Hope little one settles soon.

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 1kg this week - so that means my BMI is now 24.9!

No longer over weight! Such an amazing feeling :)

My BMI when I was diagnosed was 39.8 - I didn't really think that i could get to a healthy weight - but here I am.

Keep going everyone - it's worth it :)

Reactions: DCUKMod and Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this was 2wks ago.
Hope little one settles soon - stress is no good for anyone

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope little one settles soon - stress is no good for anyone
He must be driving his teacher, up the wall. He's sooo hard work. I do thank her but I'm hoping she is getting plenty of help with him.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost 1kg this week - so that means my BMI is now 24.9!

No longer over weight! Such an amazing feeling :)

My BMI when I was diagnosed was 39.8 - I didn't really think that i could get to a healthy weight - but here I am.

Keep going everyone - it's worth it :)

That’s great, @Polgara really well done!