Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't usually post on a Wednesday - but that's my Weightwatchers weigh in day and I just wanted to say that today I officially hit my GOAL!!!! 7 and a half stone gone :)

Reactions: Rie26 and Prem51

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8941894750755de7b24dc16c917e9888.jpg

Reactions: Freema

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmmmm - I've never posted a picture on this website before- and that's a little bigger than I imagined it would be :) Still - big picture for big weight loss :)

(I'd best stop celebrating and get into work now!)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't usually post on a Wednesday - but that's my Weightwatchers weigh in day and I just wanted to say that today I officially hit my GOAL!!!! 7 and a half stone gone :)
I have a similar total amount to loose. I’m down 4st 2lb, over half way. You are my inspiration! Well done x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Gulp! Didn't lose at bariatric dieticians. Added 4lb but swollen today. We think because of metformin.
Back on 21st december. Oh god!
If I've lost, I'll eat my hat.
Well we'll see.

Still staying on metformin. Otherwise I'll add 2st. No way!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've just realised if i lose to hit my goal @Polgara my family wouldnt batter an eye. They really dont mind what size i am.
In times like this i realise, not maybe a good thing.
All the hard work is for my own self achievement. Others wont care! :( I even getting told im becoming self absorbed (to renegotiate insulin, eat what I need and test alot more).
Oh mr ickihun very selfish at times and would rather me give him this attention, rather than insulin reduction and weight loss.
This is hard.

But has to be done. For my future health. Gulp!
I've started so i'll finish.
In fact no other way for me. Alone, it is. :(
Thank god for this thread, at least! :) :) :)

Ps. 2 hospital appointments in one week really annoys mr ickihun too. He wants to sit at home, with me listening to him. ARGH! Things are changing, he'll have to lump it!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just realised if i lose to hit my goal @Polgara my family wouldnt batter an eye. They really dont mind what size i am.
In times like this i realise, not maybe a good thing.
All the hard work is for my own self achievement. Others wont care! :( I even getting told im becoming self absorbed (to renegotiate insulin, eat what I need and test alot more).
Oh mr ickihun very selfish at times and would rather me give him this attention, rather than insulin reduction and weight loss.
This is hard.

But has to be done. For my future health. Gulp!
I've started so i'll finish.
In fact no other way for me. Alone, it is. :(
Thank god for this thread, at least! :) :) :)

Ps. 2 hospital appointments in one week really annoys mr ickihun too. He wants to sit at home, with me listening to him. ARGH! Things are changing, he'll have to lump it!

Oh @ickihun - that's so hard for you. My Hubby was quite happy with me when I was big - but he has been very supportive of my efforts this year. I've really had to put myself first for a change - not what I am used to at all.

Really really rooting for you!

Reactions: Liam1955 and Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
We've
Oh @ickihun - that's so hard for you. My Hubby was quite happy with me when I was big - but he has been very supportive of my efforts this year. I've really had to put myself first for a change - not what I am used to at all.

Really really rooting for you!
We've had a chat and I think he's just realising how hard im having it...we'll see.
Woke after a nightmare about new posters traumatic bariatric surgery.
Note to ones self. When my turn dont use this forum to vent my trauma of my surgery. It's not fair on worried pre-op members.
Im sure more horror stories in their own forum....which I refuse to join.
Seeing my op like first birth. Scary but hoping to end up with less diabetes afterwards (new baby). A rebirth, I guess.
I refuse to use their forum as horror stories from nearly a decade ago. Things have improved...greatly.
Like labour. Anything can happen thou.
I have to be courageous! Gulp!
Dietician is going to make me obsessed about weight loss if im not careful. I have to force the bad advice and their wish for me to be obsessed out the window. It's very very hard this......neither wonder im turning off it all.
Hoping after xmas I'll feel refreshed to tackle remaining 9stones more to lose.
Im worrying incase I don't see that winning formula again, for me. I was losing with ease. Ive never had that.

Last edited:

Bill_Tanner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was getting ready to post my latest weight but I am truly impressed with a few on here ~ this serious weight loss reported takes courage stamina dedication and iron will.... Genuine congratulations to all you massive weight losers xx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You lost a whole me!! Literally.

(Of course a few folks wish I could be lost, but that's a different tale. )

Massive congratulations on a fabulous achievement from me.

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighing in at 120.90kgs. Stayed about the same for 8th week but have had halloween treats and Christmas chocolates with cheap carbs to get me through lean weeks to buy kids Xmas presents.
Back to bacon, ham, eggs, mushrooms, onions, veg (stir-frys), mackerel, salmon, cod and very very ocassional nut and protein bread.
Going to restart porriage with chia seeds added to see my meter result.
I have occasional fish cake with breadcrumbs removed.
No bread, rice, potato foods, nor noodles or any pasta. (Yesterday had lasagna).
Diet had gone to pot but cupboards restocked again.
Onwards and upwards! :) :) :)
Carb cravings be gone!!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A few milestones today.

Lost 1.8 kg this week (which is 1.5 kg of real loss as put on 0.3kg over the previous two weeks). This takes me to a total weight loss of 80 pounds and my BMI is now in the normal range at 24.6.

So starting weight: 101.1 kg (December 2016)
Today’s weight: 64.8 kg
Total loss: 80 pounds/36.3 kg

Reactions: Prem51