Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all

67kgs. Thats a gain of 1kg.

I am soooo hungry this week and don't know why. I have eaten so many nuts. And yesterday we took the g'children out and I had carrot cake. Not surprised I've gained.

But wish I could do something about being hungry.

Well done everyone. This is mot easy!!!!

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven’t lost any since I posted on Wednesday so total loss since last Friday is 0.6kg :happy:

Started 115kg 9thMay’17
Today 87.0kg 15th Dec’17
Total lost = 28 kg/4stone 5lb

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

67kgs. Thats a gain of 1kg.

I am soooo hungry this week and don't know why. I have eaten so many nuts. And yesterday we took the g'children out and I had carrot cake. Not surprised I've gained.

But wish I could do something about being hungry.

Well done everyone. This is mot easy!!!!

I’m also finding I’m very hungry - have been for the past couple of weeks. Weather?

Reactions: Kentoldlady1

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m also finding I’m very hungry - have been for the past couple of weeks. Weather?

It does have an effect on me. Here in northeast USA it has been bitterly cold for the past week or so. During my daily three-mile walks it is about minus 10C if you include the windchill. I usually do the walk in the late morning and have been eating more than usual for lunch, including added protein (usually meat leftovers from evening meals).

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Kentoldlady1 nuts are my downfall. Just as addictive as chocolate, for me. I love them. Especially brazil nuts and this forum warns how dangerous too much selenium is from them. Oops. I should be dead 20 times over. :eek:

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
71.6 Kg today up from 71.3 Kg this time last week. :)
My target is 68 Kg to have a BMI of 25. This time last year when diagnosed with T2 I was 85 Kg

Reactions: Polgara

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone
When I was diagnosed in May of this year, I weighed about 109 kg.
I started off with the "recommended" diabetic diet, realized it made no sense, then switched to low-carb. I also started doing plenty of exercise. I can be very determined (ie. stubborn), and kept to a very strict diet.

As of yesterday, I weigh 73 kg. A loss of 36 kg.

To celebrate, I cleaned out all the clothes that don't fit anymore.
It can be done - don't give up!

Reactions: Trickyswife

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
17/12 - Well Done Everybody.

No change for me still 12 stone 12 lbs and have been this weight since May of this year.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mid week weigh-in is 119.60kg just same as friday. No more 2lb adding. Phew! I might lose on friday but I doubt it as I have 2 more eating out Christmas meet ups and children have chocolate and jellies off santa on xmas day opening. I'll only have one or two but on top of other treats I doubt if I'll lose Christmas week too.
However after that I'm really going to 'let the dogs out'.
If I've only added 2.2lb over christmas I'll be a very very happy bunny! Let's see!
I'm very excited about xmas day as 10yr old is getting more and better than he's asked Santa for. 4yr old too. I cannot wait to see their faces. :) :)
Just 6 more sleeps til xmas day and Santa's arrival. :wideyed::smug::lock:;) :):):)

Ps. I was 142kgs with time last year!!!!
1yr on I'm 119.60kgs. Hurray! 2017 was a good year after all.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My op is going ahead tomorrow so weigh in one day early for me! Loss since last Friday 1.2kg, thanks to my chest infection at the start of the week, not the best way to diet! :joyful:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 85.8kg 21st Dec’17
Total lost = 29.2kg/4stone 8lb

Reactions: Prem51

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My op is going ahead tomorrow so weigh in one day early for me! Loss since last Friday 1.2kg, thanks to my chest infection at the start of the week, not the best way to diet! :joyful:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 85.8kg 21st Dec’17
Hope all well for op tomorrow rachox

NatJS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Back up to 28 stone now (392 lbs/178kg) but my blood sugar is much better than it's been all year - primarily achieved through medication though. Perhaps next year I'll have another go at low carbing!

Reactions: Prem51 and ickihun

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 85.8kg 21st Dec’17

Good luck with the op.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 85.8kg 21st Dec’17

Good luck for tomorrow.xx

Reactions: Goonergal

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 85.8kg 21st Dec’17
They must love you at hospital thou for such weight loss. Well done even in illness and such a stressful time. You star!
Good luck for tomorrow hun ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Back up to 28 stone now (392 lbs/178kg) but my blood sugar is much better than it's been all year - primarily achieved through medication though. Perhaps next year I'll have another go at low carbing!
How did it go the first time? Much weight loss?
I'm on insulin and metformin and dietician said I've lost 0.5kg since last appointment 4weeks ago. Which has surprised me but still a loss. A lot of constipation at mo from extra tramadol due to bulging discs.
I will weigh myself under same conditions as every friday morning and I'll see for myself in the morning as to what's happening. She was pleased I'm maintaining my loss. Which my bariatric op target loss was about 11lb but I've lost more than 4x that on low carb, low/medium fat.
So no cheese, nuts or chicken skin or pork scratchings too secure excellent/tight bg control on insulin to keep those lower bgs and low carb food. No carb based meals at all. No porridge if I want to lose but ok for maintenance, for me.