Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You and @Polgara are an inspiration. Do you still get hungry? I am finding that quite challenging at the moment, probably because I ate so much over Christmas.
I don't get anywhere near as hungry as I used to - the first few months losing weight I was often hungry between meals and especially in the evening. But I just sort of powered through that and I don't get as hungry now.

I do think that most eating isn't to do with hunger- it's just eating stuff because it's there. I'm a real "eat the whole packet" girl - if it's not open then I'm fine, but I CANNOT manage just one biscuit or chocolate or packet of crisps or whatever. I need to just cut them out altogether

Reactions: Sharon14448

Sharon14448

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't get anywhere near as hungry as I used to - the first few months losing weight I was often hungry between meals and especially in the evening. But I just sort of powered through that and I don't get as hungry now.

I do think that most eating isn't to do with hunger- it's just eating stuff because it's there. I'm a real "eat the whole packet" girl - if it's not open then I'm fine, but I CANNOT manage just one biscuit or chocolate or packet of crisps or whatever. I need to just cut them out altogether
Same here. Once the packet is open they just cry out to be eaten! So best not to open them if I'm not hungry

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey everyone doing your fine job of losing weight... I have regained 15 from when I was at my lowest... now it is enough.. need to lose again.. at my lowest I was 75 kg now I am close to 90 kg... hope I´ll have a strong character again.. this time on much less levothyroxine. my GP has lovered it from 200 micrograms a day to only 125 micrograms a day... so it will be much harder for me to lose weight now being that low in metabolism... and don´t take any metformin anymore either..

when I lost all the kg´s rapidly I was on 1000 calories , but that is not substantial for me in the long run, so now I´ll aim for 1500 calories and hope that is low enough to lose steadily weight...

how low in calories are all you folks going when you try to lose weight ?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have oesteoarthritis, mostly affecting my hands, feet, hips and neck. My feet and hips have benefitted from my weight loss, which seems obvious as they aren’t carrying so much weight around. However my other joints are much better too, I think maybe as low carb diets are thought to be anti inflammatory, so I think your back may benefit from weight loss and low carbing too Ickihun, I do hope so x
Thanks @Rachox .
I don't suffer with any arthritis which I think is the due too the high fish levels in my diet. Not totally sure thou. My whole family do thou. I've spent a lot of my time in warmer climates than they have thou. Living on south coast and in Africa on holidays.
I love fish and I eat it 3-4 times a week, at least.

The swollen stomach and intestines is off no swimming or cycling and not as much walking as i'm used too.
I'm dreading going out because of pain. Only once I've had second set of tramadol can I walk with less pain. I'm not letting it stop me thou as the alternative is housebound 23st+ ickihun.
I've always been very active so this few years being painfully mobile only is very very hard. Thank god for tramadol or I would be dead by now.
I'm sorry if I'm moaning but it's frustration.......pure frustration with my back in agony 80% of the time.
I was assessed for depression and lucky I only have it mild but tramadol is a antidepressant too, apparently. I've tried to reduce my tramadol but its like I'm not taking any painkiller at all. It's maximum or nothing, at mo summertime is better. Always has been.
I always suffer in the northeast winters. I may have to move back to warmer climates? Mind u moving twice consecutively has caused back problem in first place. I think.
I really miss warm water swimming. It has always been my time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Rachox .
I don't suffer with any arthritis which I think is the due too the high fish levels in my diet. Not totally sure thou. My whole family do thou. I've spent a lot of my time in warmer climates than they have thou. Living on south coast and in Africa on holidays.
I love fish and I eat it 3-4 times a week, at least.

The swollen stomach and intestines is off no swimming or cycling and not as much walking as i'm used too.
I'm dreading going out because of pain. Only once I've had second set of tramadol can I walk with less pain. I'm not letting it stop me thou as the alternative is housebound 23st+ ickihun.
I've always been very active so this few years being painfully mobile only is very very hard. Thank god for tramadol or I would be dead by now.
I'm sorry if I'm moaning but it's frustration.......pure frustration with my back in agony 80% of the time.
I was assessed for depression and lucky I only have it mild but tramadol is a antidepressant too, apparently. I've tried to reduce my tramadol but its like I'm not taking any painkiller at all. It's maximum or nothing, at mo summertime is better. Always has been.
I always suffer in the northeast winters. I may have to move back to warmer climates? Mind u moving twice consecutively has caused back problem in first place. I think.
I really miss warm water swimming. It has always been my time.
Roll on the warmer weather, my joints are always way better in the summer too.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone! A small loss of 0.2kg this week. So frustrating, I’m just 1/2lb off 5 stone total loss. Can I drop it by next Tuesday, which will be exactly 8 months from diagnosis? :rolleyes:

Started 115kg 9th May’17
Today 83.6kg 5th Jan’18
Total lost = 31.4kg/4stone 13 1/2lb
You’ll get there you’ve done so exceptionally well can’t believe you’ve lost almost 5 stone amazing and inspirational.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You’ll get there you’ve done so exceptionally well can’t believe you’ve lost almost 5 stone amazing and inspirational.
Thank you so much for your kind words, I’m 2/3s of the way to a healthy BMI, 2 1/2 stone more to go! When I get to target I’ll have lost the equivalent of my eighteen yr old daughter!

Reactions: Polgara

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a Good morning to all it’s a success this Friday am I’ve got back to my two day fasting this week and lost another 2 pounds that’s me down to exactly ten stone. I set myself a target of 9 stone 13 when started so feel I’m nearly there motivation to get there! Also blood sugars 4.7 this morning. Christmas and new year are a real struggle to keep things going so pleased to be back to it. I’m trying not to think of maintenance and the long haul beyond! I know a fair few find it difficult and can be harder than the loss or it has been with past Diets! I hope this new way of eating will be different provided I stick to it for the long game

Great!

Reactions: shelley262

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You and @Polgara are an inspiration. Do you still get hungry? I am finding that quite challenging at the moment, probably because I ate so much over Christmas.

In general I don’t get particularly hungry but I have the odd day (sometimes more) where I am really hungry. I’ve learned that it’s fine just to eat on those days - so long as I stick to low carb foods it doesn’t seem to affect my weight. Interestingly I often feel less hungry when eating one meal a day than when I eat two. Quite often I will get the odd pang of hunger, but it usually passes, or I can distract myself by going for a walk.

I was very hungry the first day I went back to work after Christmas and ate a lot that day, but have been able to get back to fasting the past couple of days and haven’t really been hungry at all.

Reactions: rainbow79

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey everyone doing your fine job of losing weight... I have regained 15 from when I was at my lowest... now it is enough.. need to lose again.. at my lowest I was 75 kg now I am close to 90 kg... hope I´ll have a strong character again.. this time on much less levothyroxine. my GP has lovered it from 200 micrograms a day to only 125 micrograms a day... so it will be much harder for me to lose weight now being that low in metabolism... and don´t take any metformin anymore either..

when I lost all the kg´s rapidly I was on 1000 calories , but that is not substantial for me in the long run, so now I´ll aim for 1500 calories and hope that is low enough to lose steadily weight...

I’m sure you can do it @Freema you really inspired me when I first joined this forum. I tend not to use calories as a measure (although I do record them in my app). For me I see best weight loss when I am doing intermittent fasting of one meal a day for at least 2 or 3 days in a week.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

I'm not counting calories, never really have.
Get my 3 main nutrients balanced served me better.
100g carb, too much protein but no added weight from it and natural fats. Walking in spring and summer burnt more calories than being warm and comfortable inside heated home in autumn and winter.
Just do one thing at a time? Reduce carbs and if still getting high bgs reduce protein and see how it pans out?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Contralto thank you for the kind words of encouragement. Reading this thread is really inspirational.

ToveyKath

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Diagnosed Dec 17 & weighed in at 114 kg - bit of a kick required to take action! Dr suggested I try the 8 week blood sugar diet & loaned me the book - started on Sunday so will see how it goes - will weigh in again on Friday. Thanks all for positive comments , it's a real encouragement.