Weekly weigh in - Fridays

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
15.01.2017 This is my first weekly weigh in this year, yes I took a bit of 'time out' over the holiday season and have only just got back to weighing.

lost 2kg

Carbs levels still too high for my liking but working on it - really surprised at weight loss but really pleased. I can honestly say I have never before lost weight without really trying before - I know a lot of people on this site lose a lot of weight quickly and I have lost it a lot more slowly but the only hard thing I find is keeping the carbs low. I believe carbs are addictive and because it is in so much food it is impossible for me to avoid all together so breaking the addiction is not easy and having allowed myself to eat a little more over the holidays is proving to be extremely difficult to get back to the level I had managed, but I will continue and each day is a new day.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same 133.20kg. No loss :( Need to do strict lchf now with emphasis to potasium and magnesium. Low salt too. Multivitamins an aid too.
By march I want to be on a lot less insulin and good liver blocking in lchf. I want my calcium score to below 10 too.
2017 is my body's sorting out for good year!
I'm feeling hopeful.
My metformin is kicking in and on lchf I'm eating far less and smaller food. I must keep an eye on too much fat thou as it prevents me from losing, i feel. Well actually too much protein and not enough veg scarper my attempts! last attempt i counted calories too but not this time but could end up doing that.
It's a walk not a sprint!
3yr old being less needy has made a huge difference to being able to concentrate on my meds and dietary needs.
Im getting excited about fridays weigh-in.
Although i have to negotiate loads of carbs today. Wish me luck?

Reactions: Prem51 and Liam1955

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
15.01.2017 This is my first weekly weigh in this year, yes I took a bit of 'time out' over the holiday season and have only just got back to weighing.

lost 2kg

Carbs levels still too high for my liking but working on it - really surprised at weight loss but really pleased. I can honestly say I have never before lost weight without really trying before - I know a lot of people on this site lose a lot of weight quickly and I have lost it a lot more slowly but the only hard thing I find is keeping the carbs low. I believe carbs are addictive and because it is in so much food it is impossible for me to avoid all together so breaking the addiction is not easy and having allowed myself to eat a little more over the holidays is proving to be extremely difficult to get back to the level I had managed, but I will continue and each day is a new day.
It seems like you have spotted your problem, managing our own expectations and hurdles is a huge part of the problem. Well done.:happy:

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm feeling hopeful.
My metformin is kicking in and on lchf I'm eating far less and smaller food. I must keep an eye on too much fat thou as it prevents me from losing, i feel. Well actually too much protein and not enough veg scarper my attempts! last attempt i counted calories too but not this time but could end up doing that.
3yr old being less needy has made a huge difference to being able to concentrate on my meds and dietary needs.
Luck and hugs, grins and laughter all heading your way.:happy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Freema how are you getting on with vit k2? Feel any improvement?
I'll quizz cardiologist WHEN I see him.

Reactions: Liam1955

majnoon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
im really worried, I weighed myself today and ive lost a kilo, ive looked everywhere but I cant find it, if u see it please tell it to come home:eek:

Reactions: Prem51

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
85.5 kg or 188 lbs yesterday at the gym. I recalibrated and checked it four times. My home scale also indicates a gain. I have gained 8 lbs in one week-it has to be partially water weight from extra salt but wow! that's a lot-I am so glad I weighed for my weigh in Tuesday-otherwise I would not have known. I have been using the painful tooth as an excuse but I am obviously intaking more than adequate nutrition despite having an infected molar. My FBG was also elevated yesterday. I will be more vigilant this week. I'm off to do some exercise!

Last edited:

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So early Friday weigh in this morning.

I am now 101.1 kg down 32.9 kg from my 134 kg starting weight in September 2016. Weight loss seems at quite a uniform rate at the moment. I expect to hit a plateau any time. However would be good to get into double figure kgs again.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm feeling hopeful.
A LOSS,!!
I weighed a few hours earlier than last week before ablusions and I'm 132.70kg so loss of 0.5kg = approx 1lb.
I've sweated like a beast this week too. Virus.
I hope I lose more next week?

AnnJohnston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3lbs off this week. I've really worked at the low carb at finding out what works for me and what doesn't so I'm well chuffed with this loss. My blood sugars have been much improved as well which is even better news!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A LOSS,!!
I weighed a few hours earlier than last week before ablusions and I'm 132.70kg so loss of 0.5kg = approx 1lb.
I've sweated like a beast this week too. Virus.
I hope I lose more next week?
Just weighed myself after abushions and I'm 132.10kgs so more in keeping with last weeks weigh-in.
So lost 2lb this week.
I'm getting excited. Maybe next week I'll lose, if gp leaves me on metformin. Liver enzymes was up from all tablets but poor metformin will be the scapegoat.