ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
3lbs off this week. I've really worked at the low carb at finding out what works for me and what doesn't so I'm well chuffed with this loss. My blood sugars have been much improved as well which is even better news!
Well done.

Reactions: AnnJohnston

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Freema how are you getting on with vit k2? Feel any improvement?
I'll quizz cardiologist WHEN I see him.

dear ickihun
I am just taking the vitamin k2 at a daily basis, I haven´t had any bloods done on calicium, but I know some of my bone is gone in my higher spine and I have a mother who I am very much alike and she has had an operation in four of her spinal bones and in her shoulder as well... Í´ll just try to prevent getting that bad myself, hope k2 will work for that taken in advance..

but I think it could be good to take for every diabetics as bone problems seems to be ading in a much higher rate to diabetics , maybe even more if constantly somewhat raised blood glucose..

so well I don´t know if it is working but I´ll keep on taking them along with my "heavy" excercise... and hope the boneloss will be slower then that it might have been.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
John are you worried about your beta cells failing in your pancreas? Ask to be retested. Your c-pepside and GAD. You sounding like a few who end up on insulin. When are you seeing dn next?
Sorry long time replying but must admit had crossed my mind saw DN last week on 3 monthly review did not have the chance to ask her am still losing weight now 10St 11Lb 2 LB down on last week not sure what's going on. HbA1c is up from 38 to 39 not much change but had expected lower. Have at long last appointment with diabetes team at hospital will enquire about C-Peptide and Gad as never had them done DN did remark on the fact that I have lost 2 St since she last weighed me.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
20/1 - Good Morning and Well Done to all those who have lost weight:). I have put on 4 lbs since last Friday and weigh in at 13 stone 8 lbs (for 7 weeks remained at 13st 4lbs) - I am just 'shocked' and can only think/blame it on the Forusemide (Diuretic) Tablet being stopped a week ago because of suspected Gout in my left Ankle?:woot:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
dear ickihun
I am just taking the vitamin k2 at a daily basis, I haven´t had any bloods done on calicium, but I know some of my bone is gone in my higher spine and I have a mother who I am very much alike and she has had an operation in four of her spinal bones and in her shulder as well... Í´ll just try to prevent getting that bad myself, hope k2 will Work for that taken in advance..

but I think it could be good to take for every diabetics as bone problems seems to be ading in a much higher rate to diabetics , maybe even more if constantly somewhat raised blood glucose..

so well I don´t know if it is working but I´ll keep on taking them along with my "heavy" excercise... and hope the boneloss will be slower then that it might have been.
I'm very interested on this subject due to the speed of which I've started to suffer with my bones after child no.2 and the aspect of reducing calcium affecting the arteries. Why are they not going straight to the bones? Maybe lack of heavy exercise for me.
I'm tempted to see if cardiologist will put me forward if any trails for k2 and calcium deposit slow down.
Now - in keeping with thread I wonder if bone density makes use weigh heavier or lighter. I feel the muscles and tendons have to work harder in absence of good bone density so muscle weighs heavier than fat so I'll be interested in that too. I don't mind having heavy bones!
Although my calcium intake can be low but bloodtest showed all fine.
Roll on next week for next weigh-in. Its facinating!

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
20/1 - Good Morning and Well Done to all those who have lost weight:). I have put on 4 lbs since last Friday and weigh in at 13 stone 8 lbs (for 7 weeks remained at 13st 4lbs) - I am just 'shocked' and can only think/blame it on the Forusemide (Diuretic) Tablet being stopped a week ago because of suspected Gout in my left Ankle?:woot:
That is very very possible. Any water retention back?

Reactions: Liam1955

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well I weighed myself on a different 7/11 store's scales today. they are electronic but I have my doubts about how accurate they are as they only cost 1 Baht (2p) to use and they play a little tune as they weigh you.
But they gave my weight today as 64.4 kgs (142 lbs).

That is 2 kgs or over 4 lbs down from last Friday. I haven't ever lost that much in a week before. It could be possible as I have only been eating a bowl of pork noodle soup most nights over the last week. But I will continue and hope to have kick started my weight loss again. I won't be able to get an accurate weight till I get home at the beginning of February.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So early Friday weigh in this morning.

I am now 101.1 kg down 32.9 kg from my 134 kg starting weight in September 2016. Weight loss seems at quite a uniform rate at the moment. I expect to hit a plateau any time. However would be good to get into double figure kgs again.
Superb efforts:joyful:

Reactions: jonbvn

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3lbs off this week. I've really worked at the low carb at finding out what works for me and what doesn't so I'm well chuffed with this loss. My blood sugars have been much improved as well which is even better news!
Well done. Proof positive...:joyful:

Reactions: AnnJohnston

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I weighed myself on a different 7/11 store's scales today. they are electronic but I have my doubts about how accurate they are as they only cost 1 Baht (2p) to use and they play a little tune as they weigh you.
But they gave my weight today as 64.4 kgs (142 lbs).

That is 2 kgs or over 4 lbs down from last Friday. I haven't ever lost that much in a week before. It could be possible as I have only been eating a bowl of pork noodle soup most nights over the last week. But I will continue and hope to have kick started my weight loss again. I won't be able to get an accurate weight till I get home at the beginning of February.
I like the idea of a tune as we weigh ourselves, each tune could reflect the result... good or sad..:hilarious:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry long time replying but must admit had crossed my mind saw DN last week on 3 monthly review did not have the chance to ask her am still losing weight now 10St 11Lb 2 LB down on last week not sure what's going on. HbA1c is up from 38 to 39 not much change but had expected lower. Have at long last appointment with diabetes team at hospital will enquire about C-Peptide and Gad as never had them done DN did remark on the fact that I have lost 2 St since she last weighed me.

hope nothing serious is the matter... understand your worry

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be down to 90kilos now this week, so may have lost another couple of kilos, but I have been getting rid of a huge amount of fluid over the last few days...

Robbity

PS @ickihun - re bones - I can't speak from personal experience but possibly could from a doggy's point of view! I've owned 6 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 4 of which have been all much of a size, 3 have had what I'd call call "normal" bones for their size and weighed similar amounts around their expected weight, but one - my first - was built like a mini baby elephant with really chunky bones (little legs like tree trunks!) and he weighed around 6-8 kilos more than the others, though he wasn't exactly what I could have called fat - he certainly looked so, but was solid and not at all flabby. But possibly more actual bone size than density though??

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:)Good morning
152 last week 148.4 this week so a loss of 3.6 lbs! I'm delighted. :)

Well done everybody .

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Liam1955 hello. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. I think you are right about the diuretic. I take the same one and find a difference in my weight when I don't take them. I was also tested and found to have gout but not taken off them. I think your doctor is very wise. I tend to stop them for a couple of days if my gout flares up. I know this isn't ideal. Don't be disheartened as you have a lot to contend with at present. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Liam1955 hello. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain. I think you are right about the diuretic. I take the same one and find a difference in my weight when I don't take them. I was also tested and found to have gout but not taken off them. I think your doctor is very wise. I tend to stop them for a couple of days if my gout flares up. I know this isn't ideal. Don't be disheartened as you have a lot to contend with at present. :)

Thank You @mo53 :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I agree with @mo53 @Liam1955 . im having very bad arthritic pains in my left index finger, must be off furosemide.
Your bgs are settling down so will your weight. Then you'll roar past us to the finishing line.
I'll be delighted and proud to watch. Too much pressure gives the opposite effect. Just look at me since they suggested bariatric surgery. I've added weight in panic! It doesn't work when silly skinny people make assumptions and give bad advice.
Slow and steady without pressure works for me. You?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I seem to be down to is why 90kilos now this week, so may have lost another couple of kilos, but I have been getting rid of a huge amount of fluid over the last few days...

Robbity

PS @ickihun - re bones - I can't speak from personal experience but possibly could from a doggy's point of view! I've owned 6 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 4 of which have been all much of a size, 3 have had what I'd call call "normal" bones for their size and weighed similar amounts around their expected weight, but one - my first - was built like a mini baby elephant with really chunky bones (little legs like tree trunks!) and he weighed around 6-8 kilos more than the others, though he wasn't exactly what I could have called fat - he certainly looked so, but was solid and not at all flabby. But possibly more actual bone size than density though??
It just goes to show how bone size makes a difference. I guess that is why they take our height into consideration. Shame bone development isn't just their length but breath too.
My partner has thick bones. X-rays have proven it.