Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello this is my first post on this weigh in thread.. I weighed myself on Saturday and was 168 lbs (12 stone) I’m only 4 ft 10 ins so I’ve got a few stone to lose to get to an ideal weight.

In my younger days I use to be 7 stone with a 22 inch waist ... I wouldn't want to be that slim now lol ... maybe head downwards towards 8 or 9 stone and take it from there.

I think I’ll set myself mini goals of ½ stone at a time. :)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Rose88 and welcome. I'm about the same height as you and weighed over 12 1/2 stone when I was diagnosed. I've chipped away at it and I've lost about 2 stone. Im heading for the same weight as you eventually. Like you I set myself small goals. Are you following a low carb diet?

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello this is my first post on this weigh in thread.. I weighed myself on Saturday and was 168 lbs (12 stone) I’m only 4 ft 10 ins so I’ve got a few stone to lose to get to an ideal weight.

In my younger days I use to be 7 stone with a 22 inch waist ... I wouldn't want to be that slim now lol ... maybe head downwards towards 8 or 9 stone and take it from there.

I think I’ll set myself mini goals of ½ stone at a time. :)
Welcome. Little goals work for me. And not beating your self if it slows a bit. Good luck and keep posting.:)

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello @Rose88 and welcome. I'm about the same height as you and weighed over 12 1/2 stone when I was diagnosed. I've chipped away at it and I've lost about 2 stone. Im heading for the same weight as you eventually. Like you I set myself small goals. Are you following a low carb diet?

Hello @mo53 well done on your weight loss ... How long did it take you to lose 2 stone?

I didn't know anything about low carbing until I joined this forum, I've been faffing around the last couple of months trying out lowish carb vegetarian foods that are suitable for diabetes and agree with my other digestive conditions. This week I'm feeling positive and ready to change my way of eating for ever. :)

So yes I'm trying to low carb from now onwards but I've so much to learn about it.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rose88 thank you. It's actually taken me about 2 years to lose this as I have had a lapse. But at the beginning of October I started again and I have lost 2 stone since then. I use myfitnesspal to log my food and exercise and this tracks my carbs for me. Have you had a look at the diet doctor website? :)

Reactions: Liam1955 and Rose88

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've started logging my food on fitness pal too this really helps to tweak the menus too :)
I saw a link of the diet doctor in someones signature think it could've been @Brunneria and have made a few veggie recipes from there but I'm finding some of them so rich especially the ones which contain hard cheese as my tummy doesn't agree with too much chedder. I've also bought the 8 week sugar diet and recipe book ... its a complete change from the way I've been eating before and so far so good :happy:

Last edited:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning :)

Last weight reported here 145 lbs. Today 142 lbs. Therefore weight loss 3 lbs!! Hurrah ! :)

I've had a gain and then a maintain in last few weeks so delighted with this.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
Just weighed myself - 192lbs, down from 220 in august. But I only seem to be losing about 1 1/2 lbs a month at present! Am eating lchf. Think when the weather changes will up my exercise - because November was when the weight loss slowed.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning :)

Last weight reported here 145 lbs. Today 142 lbs. Therefore weight loss 3 lbs!! Hurrah ! :)

I've had a gain and then a maintain in last few weeks so delighted with this.
:):joyful::):joyful::p

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just weighed myself - 192lbs, down from 220 in august. But I only seem to be losing about 1 1/2 lbs a month at present! Am eating lchf. Think when the weather changes will up my exercise - because November was when the weight loss slowed.
Slow weight loss is not a problem, preferable to an over quick drop. Frustrating if one wants to change shape but we're in for the long haul. Well done:)

Reactions: Liam1955

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
After putting a bit of weight back on last week, I'm pleased to report I've managed to get rid of 1.5 kg this week.

This means I've now lost 11 kg since T2 diagnosis at the beginning of December.

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
3/3 - Good Morning Everyone :). I have lost 4 lbs and my weight is exactly 13 stone :singing::happy:.
Asked my Partner to check and all I had on was my fitted boxers and glasses = No, not a site to see 1st thing!!:D.

Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3/3 - Good Morning Everyone :). I have lost 4 lbs and my weight is exactly 13 stone :singing::happy:.
Asked my Partner to check and all I had on was my fitted boxers and glasses = No, not a site to see 1st thing!!:D.

wow that is a lot congratulations Liam :)

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
this week 0.5 kg lost... happy with that as I haven´t hardly done any excercise the last week..

But You are poorly - can't be doing exercise when you are ill! You need to conserve energy to fight off the nasty Bugs. Hope you are much better today :). And every little bit lost is another step closer to your goal - Well Done :).