Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey all and congratulation to you all for results and effort , I must admit that I am ashamed that I have gained back 4 kg This summer and thats why I have avoided writing results in here.

But now I'll try report even when results are bad in my own eyes , to keep the focus of What I really want much more than binging and falling off the waggon most every day. Today my weight is 79.5 kg so hope at least to be a little lower next friday

Reactions: Prem51 and Polgara

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
My weekly weigh-in said I had lost half a kilo gram this week - I have over the last couple of months put this one kilo gram on and off about 6 times - I don't seem able to really get the weight to start going lower again. I am finding it hard to keep to the lower carbs which I need to do as I only seem to lose weight when I go really low on the carbs as in no more and if poss less than 50grams a day.
I tried the cauliflower rice and hated it - but most recently I tried a very small amount of rice and cauliflower that I just cut into small florets and boiled for literally a couple of mins - then mixed the two before adding the curry on top - it worked for me, I tell you in case other's have tried the cauliflower rice and not liked it either. Why bother? because my staple food pre diabetes was curry and rice........... I missed it such a lot and although I love cauliflower I really did not like it as a rice replacement - so now for a treat I will do the cauliflower rice mix and allow myself 'a not too bad' treat.

After 3 months I finally feel that I am managing to keep my carbs much lower - 3 months ago was when I went on holiday and the carbs got hold of me and it has been a real fight to get back on track - lesson for myself is to really try harder on holiday to stick to better options..............

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My weekly weigh-in said I had lost half a kilo gram this week - I have over the last couple of months put this one kilo gram on and off about 6 times - I don't seem able to really get the weight to start going lower again. I am finding it hard to keep to the lower carbs which I need to do as I only seem to lose weight when I go really low on the carbs as in no more and if poss less than 50grams a day.
I tried the cauliflower rice and hated it - but most recently I tried a very small amount of rice and cauliflower that I just cut into small florets and boiled for literally a couple of mins - then mixed the two before adding the curry on top - it worked for me, I tell you in case other's have tried the cauliflower rice and not liked it either. Why bother? because my staple food pre diabetes was curry and rice........... I missed it such a lot and although I love cauliflower I really did not like it as a rice replacement - so now for a treat I will do the cauliflower rice mix and allow myself 'a not too bad' treat.

After 3 months I finally feel that I am managing to keep my carbs much lower - 3 months ago was when I went on holiday and the carbs got hold of me and it has been a real fight to get back on track - lesson for myself is to really try harder on holiday to stick to better options..............
How did you cook your cauli rice? I find baking it in the oven it turns out better. I spread it on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil then cook in the oven for 12 - 14 mins gas mark 6 (200c). Turn it over with a fish slice half way through. It comes out 'al dente

Reactions: jonbvn

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
I basically blanch my cauliflower - but when I used the cauliflower rice I simply stir fried it and I am happy to eat cauliflower raw so did not think it would be a problem.

Reactions: rainbow79

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hey all and congratulation to you all for results and effort , I must admit that I am ashamed that I have gained back 4 kg This summer and thats why I have avoided writing results in here.

But now I'll try report even when results are bad in my own eyes , to keep the focus of What I really want much more than binging and falling off the waggon most every day. Today my weight is 79.5 kg so hope at least to be a little lower next friday
If I know you @Freema you will storm it with your determination.
I'm rocking as financies are different in kids 6wks hols. Out more so I have to find energy to make sandwiches before getting ready. Neither wonder gp said im doing too much.
No plans on spending hols in hospital!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I know you @Freema you will storm it with your determination.
I'm rocking as financies are different in kids 6wks hols. Out more so I have to find energy to make sandwiches before getting ready. Neither wonder gp said im doing too much.
No plans on spending hols in hospital!
thanks dear well yes it is very demanding to be around ones children 24 hours of the day... I used to get almost too much of just one child... but they are the best we ever have in our lives... also hard to use others advice... because sometimes it sounds so wise but not doable anyways... when reallity strikes back... of cause you want to make their holiday as wonderful as possible... thanks and hugs from me hope you´ll avoid hospital untill planned.

Last edited:
Reactions: rainbow79

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @Freema you are one of the people who have inspired me on this forum, especially with your amazing exercise programme. I'm sure you can get back on track.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Freema you are one of the people who have inspired me on this forum, especially with your amazing exercise programme. I'm sure you can get back on track.

thank you dear ... well yes at least I am becomming more and more fit... but actually havent lost anything the last 4 month... maybe it is difficult to do both at the same time like gaining musclemass and loosing fat...all this fitness that I want to keep on doing makes me hungry like a wolf in wintertime when I come home and unfortunately also the coming day..

I cant exercise every day ... actually want to have other things going on in my life too , used to be a freetime "art"-painter and make jewelry and other stuff when I had good periods, now my creativity seems to drown in the sea of eternal fitness....:hungover::dead::bag:

Last edited:
Reactions: jonbvn and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Is it possible for you to have your favourite meal but in a smaller portion? Have you tested 2 eggcup size humps of your fav rice and curry sauce to your liking on your meter? If your meter doesn't spike you much your on a winner. Whatever the carb intake is!
You may find rinsing your rice in cold water then reheating rice in the same pan at time of cooking rice may bring the starch content down? Have you tested your fav rice dish that way on your meter?
Let your meter tell you how much rice dinner is not going to rise you.
Eat your fav food once your bg is at it's lowest? Eg. If meter says 4.0 then you are safe to raise your bg to 7.8mmol/l. That is 3.8 worth of a spike. Right.
If I was you I'd experiment to get your meter to tell you how much your body can cope with? Maybe then you could have your fav dish twice thst day instead of a full plate and a nasty lingering spike from one meal?
What do you think?
Or are you a all or nothing girl?

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I basically blanch my cauliflower - but when I used the cauliflower rice I simply stir fried it and I am happy to eat cauliflower raw so did not think it would be a problem.
If anyone suffers with underactive thyroid they shouldnt eat raw veg. I cannot remember if you do suffer that way @srobertson06 . Do you, like many others, suffer with underactive thyroid?
I'm going to try @Rachox 's method and test on my meter 2hrs later. You?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Looking forward to friday weigh-in.
Got weighed at bariatric eating plan no1 session yesterday and with wet long hair and at 2pm I weighed same as friday gone. So on track to lose weight by 48hrs weigh-in here. :) :) :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone. Hope it is OK for me to come back. Thank you to everyone who has helped me come to terms with some piggy stuff going on recently. This week I found out the reason for my strange barrow dependency and why exercising was sooooo very painful. Arthritis of the hip. I got some pain control. Yay. Still assimilating info re interactions with diabetic fatty liver and have sadly decided to go tee total. Is there no treat suitable for me. Sob. It was only one bottle of red a week so not a biggie but that had replaced all desserts and a lot of social stuffs. Drat the old social life based on meals out and gigs at the pub. That is gone forever and I cannot even replace it with walking. Not found anyone interested in staggering around museums and art galleries. I might even have to give up volunteering at the gardens.

I have been referred to all the right people and by the first anniversary of the diabetes diagnosis I could have seen them. Not holding my breath as it has taken years to get here but at last there is light at the end of the tunnel. So I have lost some weight since I last reported in. I am now 73.2kg. I would have been delighted with that but I suppose I need to know what the orthepedic people think first. I am due my 6 monthly check up with dn but inclined to wait until I have seen orthepedics. And that is it. Not the most brill summer but could have been a lot worse and now I have a walking stick everyone had better watch out.

Ooh and I have given up nuts. I reckon that is how I lost so much weight. If I carry on this road much longer I will be eating only cabbage. Good excuse to keep my allotment. Needless to say they are being converted to the no dig method.

Reactions: Freema and Polgara

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone. Lost 1.4 kg this week. Very happy with that, but the speed up in weight loss since I started intermittent fasting is proving very expensive in new clothes!

Well done on this weeks loss. It's a nice problem to have @Goonergal - I've been sorting out clothes this week. Have charity shopped lots of stuff, so my wardrobe is a bit bare. But then I found some OLD, OLD clothes I had put away, and was delighted to find that they fit again :)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Hope it is OK for me to come back. So I have lost some weight since I last reported in. I am now 73.2kg. I would have been delighted with that but I suppose I need to know what the orthepedic people think first. I am due my 6 monthly check up with dn but inclined to wait until I have seen orthepedics. And that is it. Not the most brill summer but could have been a lot worse and now I have a walking stick everyone had better watch out.

Ooh and I have given up nuts. I reckon that is how I lost so much weight. If I carry on this road much longer I will be eating only cabbage. Good excuse to keep my allotment. Needless to say they are being converted to the no dig method.

Well done on the weight loss @covknit - good to have you around :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on this weeks loss. It's a nice problem to have @Goonergal - I've been sorting out clothes this week. Have charity shopped lots of stuff, so my wardrobe is a bit bare. But then I found some OLD, OLD clothes I had put away, and was delighted to find that they fit again :)

Yes, I've got a few items waiting for me to fit back into them - very motivating as I get closer!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weigh-in as 124.30kgs this morning and on my monthly in earnest.
No decent loss for a few weeks.
Palpatations are back so off to see gp to early next week as I'd prefer my newer gp whose sharper. But not sure whether I can wait to get this to stop. Calling gp now. :)

Positive note. No added weight unlike when I had nasty virus 2 weeks ago. I was a different weight every day. Humf!

I'm feeling optimistic about monday or next friday weigh-in.
Lost 1kg this week :) :) :) Much better than only half kgs lately.
Very very pleased.
I think monthlies interfer with steady weight loss for me.
Not complaining thou.

So 123.60kgs this morning before ablushions.
I wonder what next friday brings? More importantly what I'll weigh on monday morning (still seem to weigh less on a monday morning).
Maybe less water retention over a weekend? Or later diuretic tablet taking, over the weeken, influences monday morning weight?
Or maybe stress makes me fat!!! Less stressful at weekends!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done everyone! Only down from 97.4kg to 97kg this week but still heading in the right direction :)
I too have been in the back of the wardrobe looking for old smaller clothes from a previous life! I'm down two sizes so I can pull my jeans off without undoing the button now! I have invested in a belt for now, cheaper than new jeans! Hope to go down at least one more size before spending too much on new clothes.

Reactions: Polgara and Prem51