srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Hi Everyone,

Although I have continued my weekly weigh ins I have not reported back to you all..... The reason not much is happening.

I went away on holiday over 3 months ago - came home having put on around half a stone - since then I have not managed to shift any of it and slowly over the past couple of months my carbs intake has been slipping as well.

I feel I am really letting myself down - I had done so well and now I feel I am right back to struggling to give up on eating the carbs - this has proved that this causes my bloating and weight gain as well as making me feel very lethargic.

I am taking each day at a time and yesterday I managed really well until the evening when I went ahead and had curry and rice - sugar reading went into double figures and I felt I had really let myself down.
Today so far is going well - just hoping I can get through this evening without destroying what I have managed so far today......

I am trying to be positive and trying to tackle the issues - work is not helping as once again into a very stressful time with deadlines and system issues - but even so I am still exercising each day and desperately trying to increase it in whatever way I can.

I am not looking for sympathy just hoping that by telling my story for anyone else struggling out there you will know you are not alone, I know some people seem to get to the good place and manage to stay there - for me it has yet to happen - here's hoping it might one day.

Reactions: Prem51

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I reckon every carbs primary goal is to make your body want more carbs to join it. They are gathering the carb troops to battle against our good health, Hmm reminds me of the Avengers. episode "town of no return?". The first one with Diana Rigg as Emma Peel. The invading army picking off a village at a time.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit late this week but I have found my pound back to 7 stone !!
CAROL

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
All I can say is that resisting carbs is not easy. It is, I feel, akin to giving up smoking while working in a tobacco plant surrounded by people who are smoking. You sound like you are trying your best to get back on track and that is all anyone can ask of you including you yourself. Good luck.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is this not the weekly weigh in thread ,that is what it says at the top of the page ?
CAROL

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Errr no, it's a new thread.
The regular thread is headed 'Weekly weigh in -Fridays'.

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Sorry for the confusion about the title - I usually do add to the weekly weigh in Fridays but felt it was more about not doing so well rather than just my weigh in.

Thank you to those that have sent me back positive replies - it is nice to know other's also find the dreaded carbs a real struggle and yes I am trying if not succeeding. I will battle on and hope to win soon.