GD Weight loss during pregnancy with gestational diabetes

This_gig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi, I'm curious and hope someone may be able to assist. During my two pregnancies I was diagnosed with GD. At both births I had lost around 10 kilos- from 53 to 43kg. This was despite eating regularly and 'healthily' according to the advice of the day which was to regularly eat low GI carbs. Both babies were well
My question is does this mean that I was perhaps not producing insulin much at all during the pregnancies? How is this consistent with Type 2? I was very thin and it took some time to rebuild following each pregnancy.
Thanks!!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, I'm curious and hope someone may be able to assist. During my two pregnancies I was diagnosed with GD. At both births I had lost around 10 kilos- from 53 to 43kg. This was despite eating regularly and 'healthily' according to the advice of the day which was to regularly eat low GI carbs. Both babies were well
My question is does this mean that I was perhaps not producing insulin much at all during the pregnancies? How is this consistent with Type 2? I was very thin and it took some time to rebuild following each pregnancy.
Thanks!!

What were your blood sugar results like during your pregnancies? How long ago were your prgnancies?

We do have a number of ladies here who were assumed to have GD but were later found to have Type 1.

Are you getting follow up tests to see how your blood sugar is now?