weight loss update

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done that's great! My friend who is T2 is doing like you slimming world with slight adjustments- she has lost almost 4st and has managed on her journey to drop insulin and gliclizide completely after 10 years and is now on a reduced dose of metformin.

It just shows that different ways work for different people - keep going your nailing it! :)

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
That's excellent! Do you feel much different now that you have lost some weight?
my breathing has improved a lot
ive always suffered shortness of breath since being diagnosed with underactive thyroid, drs always said anxiety
but after about 1 stone loss i felt i could breath easier
i still have a very LONG way to go

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Wow thats great What fine changes did you do ?
instead of fat free yogurts i have full fat greek yogurt (some days i can get away with mixing a fat free with full fat)
low carb bread
basmati rice
veg
berries
no sweets and chocolate
i do have the occasional treat because i see that a treat now and then is better than a huge binge
ive also started cooking in lard rather tan fry light and i keep some fat on my meat

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
instead of fat free yogurts i have full fat greek yogurt (some days i can get away with mixing a fat free with full fat)
low carb bread
basmati rice
veg
berries
no sweets and chocolate
i do have the occasional treat because i see that a treat now and then is better than a huge binge
ive also started cooking in lard rather tan fry light and i keep some fat on my meat

well that sounds really wise...I agree on the treat .