Well, hello again...

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes, it's been a while.
In fact, I was a member here quite a while ago. I'm talking back in the day when low carb was a very controversial subject and guaranteed to upset the status quo. What a thrill to see now that the argument has been won and the tide really is turning!
I doubt if anyone here will remember me, but it may help some ( and disappoint others) to learn that I've been at the low carb lark for 17 years now and all's well.
Keep it up you freaks!

F

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm fairly new to this low carb game, having only been diagnosed Type 2 a few months. I straight away started on a low carb diet having found this forum the night I was diagnosed. I simply can't understand why low carbing is/was so controversial. Carbs turn to sugar, my poorly body can't deal with much sugar so don't give it too many carbs!

Reactions: Grateful and Freema

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Welcome back. I am fairly new here, too. I have started LCHF and it has been soooo easy, I mean I've had no wobbles, no tears and definitely none of this throwing my dummy out of the pram.

My name is Guzzler and I am a big fat liar but a healthier big fat liar!

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Yes, it's been a while.
In fact, I was a member here quite a while ago. I'm talking back in the day when low carb was a very controversial subject and guaranteed to upset the status quo. What a thrill to see now that the argument has been won and the tide really is turning!
I doubt if anyone here will remember me, but it may help some ( and disappoint others) to learn that I've been at the low carb lark for 17 years now and all's well.
Keep it up you freaks!

F

Hi Fergus. That's good to know. I has certainly been working for me for a couple of years now. It is reassuring to hear from someone who has stuck to it for 17 years and has not gone mad from lack of buns, nor faded away to a shrivelled wreck of human being from not eating spuds! There are still those who don't accept that there is really no such thing as a carbohydrate deficiency..and tell us we should "eat healthily". There are also still people who think mouses live in houses and who confuse Lee Harvey Oswald with Patsy Cline.

Reactions: Liam1955 and Freema

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @fergus,

Glad to meet you. I have been visiting the forum for about one and half years and have heard lot's about you. You are definitely an institution on this forum.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @fergus I watched the video of your presentation at Botanic Gardens - it encouraged me no end. Thank you

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Fergus
I remember you too You have lots of good advice about low carb which I still follow
Thanks CAROL

Reactions: ziggy_w

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good to meet all of you.
Sounds to me as if you all have what it takes, open minds and a healthy sense of humour.
All the best,
F

Reactions: Jaylee and Rachox

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello! I am new here aswell. So good to meet someone who has used lchf for a few years.
How long ago were the arguments on here? Just trying to understand what the problems were thought to be . Most places, except for official (read industry backed) sites seem to have all agreed that this is the most sensible way to eat.

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, I was reflecting on the luck that led me to this forum over a year ago. I have lost 22 pounds, weigh what I did when I was 20 and more important I feel fantastic. My bg and HbA1c are now normal and every day I learn more from the wonderful people on this site. So thank you Fergus and well done to all those who led the way.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ferg! I'm a recent returnee too and it was your conversation with Eddie that put me on 'that' path almost ten years ago.

Good to see you back buddy.

Reactions: TIANDB

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@fergus you have been at this for 17 years and all's well. That is important news for those of us who are new to this low-carb lark, either because they are recently diagnosed or because they came late to the low-carb party.

Low-carb is still controversial but seems to be making inroads, sometimes in unexpected places. When I was diagnosed nine months ago I did not know about this forum. It was my doctor (a regular GP here in America) who prescribed the low-carb, no-drug option for me. Frankly I was dubious (having looked up the "standard treatment" for T2D on the Internet) but I complied.

The rest is history. I am so encouraged by your much longer "history." Thank you for coming back!

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, it's been a while.
Keep it up you freaks!

F
Your name is a 'legend' thanks to another low-carber whose name I dare not mention due to his former reputation on this forum (EM or DJ or LC, you know who you are) So many LCers were hounded from this forum in 2012.
It's good to see you back. The former 'trouble-makers' are gone, and by and large, it's a friendlier place.
Geoff