Well I guess this is my positive

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Congratulations! :) Can I ask how many days you did your first fainter test? Was it before you p was due or after? I have done a test today but it's 3 days before my p is due so not sure if it's too early and I got a negative result.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure, I did the first test on the day I was due, which was excessively faint and the test in my opening out was two days later. It wasn't until approximately a week after I was due that I got a dark line.

Three days before you are due is hit and miss as to whether or not it will be positive as it depends on when you ovulated to how long it takes for the egg to implant before the hcg becomes enough to show on a pregnancy test. Sometimes it can be as long as a week after you are due before the hcg becomes strong enough to show on a pregnancy test. I wish you lots of luck (Oh and in my experience the most reliable test is the first response tests)

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Ahh thank you so much for your reply, that has given me a bit more hope! :) I will test on the day I'm due. I don't think I am but will wait and see. I'm 37 so time is ticking for us, don't have any kids yet so it's a bit of a worry. Only been trying for a few months though so we'll see. :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're welcome. I'm 35 and know the stress and worry - and that all consuming temptation to pee on that stick, despite not expecting that positive lol. We've been trying for the last 3.5yrs.

The one thing I would ask is do you have the proper support from your Drs? If not please do get it!

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit the bullet today and invested in a digital pregnancy test and took that along with a wilko cheapie just now as hubs and I have just got back home. So after having a scare over the weekend the two have come back as follows

a5101b2a36f3b22515b6ae9bb32608db.jpg

So fingers crossed that my scan tomorrow shows everything is ok.....

Reactions: 4 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just had my scan and the midwife could not see ANY sign of pregnancy at all. Nothing! So it's a blood test today, and another in two days time to confirm what's happening.....

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just had my scan and the midwife could not see ANY sign of pregnancy at all. Nothing! So it's a blood test today, and another in two days time to confirm what's happening.....

Fingers crossed for you Hun, my friend had a scan a few weeks ago and they couldn't see anything but had one a week later and could see sac & heartbeat xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 3 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully that will happen, but I'm losing hope for a positive outcome....

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I'm kinda overwhelmed right now... Haven't actually shown/told hubs yet.
Lol, congrats... i didnt tell him until after the scan! Then i told him it was triplets... the face was priceless... (only on but active so 3 consecutive pics) it was my mum who ruined it! She couldnt watch him squirm as much as i can. Lol.

On a normal note... diabetes in pregnancy is not the same and doesnt act the same nor is it logical, just dont stress take vitamins and dont let yourself worry about the bgl that is the job of the diabetes midwife and nothing you can do about it anyway! You will be induced at 38wks (as this is the new norm) try to leave it as long as possible (it will be hard to be patient when you reach the end) excitement will take over and allow you to live a miracle and move a mountain.

P.s i took about 5 of those and several digital ones to make sure, the digital ones are excellent as they always gave me a possitive even if the others were still negative... that veing said you cant have a false positive only a false negative... i hope it works out well for you and if you need advice i am more than happy to help ( 5 pregnancies with gestation diabetes 4 insulin controlled youngest is now a year)

Have fun as you can only tell them for the first time once so make the most of it and make it memorable. :-D

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry... i should have read all of the posts! Just dont worry, the hcg doesnt lie. I had 3 years of trying with 9 miscarriages! The worst thing to do is stress!

Wait to see it may be still too soon to actually see it. Was the scan internal or external? Sorry to be blunt! I didnt show on scan until almost the 7th week and that was internal... throwing up all that time too! Keep hope and keep calm.

Sending a big hug i really feel for you and hope you are doing well!

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well ladies. Seems I'm not it yet! My hcg did rise on the 48hr bloods, but not enough for them to think baby is sitting in the correct place. So it's more bloods on Saturday.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well ladies. Seems I'm not it yet! My hcg did rise on the 48hr bloods, but not enough for them to think baby is sitting in the correct place. So it's more bloods on Saturday.

Keep the faith @RoseofSharon Just keep calm, keep your blood sugar controlled, keep yourself hydrated and nourished, and get plenty of rest.

That way even if there's only a slim chance you know you've made the odds the best they can be.

Thinking of you X

Reactions: 2 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Keep the faith @RoseofSharon Just keep calm, keep your blood sugar controlled, keep yourself hydrated and nourished, and get plenty of rest.

That way even if there's only a slim chance you know you've made the odds the best they can be.

Thinking of you X

Thank you. I'm just researching to see what else I can do, but really I don't think there's much. My bloods were so good, I've actually allowed myself to increase my carbs slightly as I actually had scope to do so in the ranges my doc gave me. But other than that there really isn't much I can do at the moment, but sit tight.

Reactions: 2 people

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Rose, I am watching this and praying for you. I hope the uncertainty ends soon and with good news! :)

Reactions: 4 people