Well I guess this is my positive

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I'm just researching to see what else I can do, but really I don't think there's much. My bloods were so good, I've actually allowed myself to increase my carbs slightly as I actually had scope to do so in the ranges my doc gave me. But other than that there really isn't much I can do at the moment, but sit tight.
Well i am praying for you, i really do feel your pain!

Dont stress keep your mind off of it, try to be optomistic, you are in good hands with pregnancy+diabetes (personally i think they are better with gestational than any other type of diabetes). Let us know what happens with the next bloods! It may just still be too soon and i do hope you get the result your after.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Oh bless you, I will pray for you too. I had a negative so we will just have to wait and see what happens. xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks ladies. Bloods haven't looked good so far. They're rising, but not enough......

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's why I've upped the amount I eat of various things, and until I started bleeding 1.5 weeks ago I walked a LOT I still walk somewhat although nowhere near what I did before.

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm ok. Feeling **** as IBS has flared up recently, but otherwise fine. Been told by docs they don't view the pregnancy as being viable, so am now on 'conservative management' in other words wait and see...

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. Conservative management consists of nothing more than weekly blood tests to monitor the hcg.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Thank you. Conservative management consists of nothing more than weekly blood tests to monitor the hcg.

My thoughts are with you and like @Galja stated looking for a miracle.

Be kind to yourself:)

Reactions: 2 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all. Unfortunately no miracle happened. After what feels like a never ending round of hcg tests. It's down to 14, so guess that things have come to an end for me....

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
So sorry @RoseofSharon . Hope you are surrounded by friends and family and lots of love take care of yourself!

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry @RoseofSharon . Hope you are surrounded by friends and family and lots of love take care of yourself!

Thank you. Unfortunately in my everyday life I am a bit of a loner, and although I have many friends, I have very few that I am close to and see on any kind of regular basis (weirdly I speak more on forums etc. Guess I'm just a weird geek lol). Hubs is ok, but I think I have the stronger personality of us so I can't say that I have much of a support network at all lol. However I've never been one who wallows in my problems, and prefer to be a problem solver and find ways to cope around them if they're not fixable. I've always been like that (I had to be as from the age of five onwards things have happened that I've coped with on my own...).

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!

Raych29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long did you try for ? What does the doctor say I'm worried about going to them as it's always you can't do this you can't do that and find it so scary but really want to have a baby x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Raych29 :)

Speak to your DSN :) Most hospitals run pre-conception clinics to help you get ready to conceive. They'll help with advice to get your HbA1C within range before you conceive, and also talk about other important things like taking a special high dose of folic acid prior to conception and during pregnancy.

It's even more important to,prepare for pregnancy if you have diabetes, but you should get a lot of help and support both before and during any pregnancy :)

In general, the guidelines are to have an Hba1C of 6.5% or below (this can vary slightly) and to take a special prescribed high dose of folic acid for a number of months before trying to get pregnant.

There are lots of Type 1s here who've had healthy babies :)

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How long did you try for ? What does the doctor say I'm worried about going to them as it's always you can't do this you can't do that and find it so scary but really want to have a baby x

Please do go to your doctor, getting the necessary support is not invaluable. I do not wish to go into things too deeply as my history is rather painful. Suffice to say my husband and I had waited for three years for this.

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Raych29 :)

Speak to your DSN :) Most hospitals run pre-conception clinics to help you get ready to conceive. They'll help with advice to get your HbA1C within range before you conceive, and also talk about other important things like taking a special high dose of folic acid prior to conception and during pregnancy.

It's even more important to,prepare for pregnancy if you have diabetes, but you should get a lot of help and support both before and during any pregnancy :)

In general, the guidelines are to have an Hba1C of 6.5% or below (this can vary slightly) and to take a special prescribed high dose of folic acid for a number of months before trying to get pregnant.

There are lots of Type 1s here who've had healthy babies :)

I couldn't agree more