What age were you diagnosed Type 1?

Alberti

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes & Ex wife
54 years when diagnosed. Remember my surprise, when Doctor told I have Juvenile Diabetes . What`s next, getting second puberty on my age and get pimpels again ??

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 3, my sister was 4, daughter was 4 and brother and 2 male cousins were late teens.

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
21. I remember the day as clear as a bell but can't remember the actuall date. That was 17 years ago.

cobbler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I've recently been diagnosed as type 1 at the age of 42 and was wondering if that's quite a common age to get diabetes?
I was 27 when I was diagnosed as a type 1. That was forty years ago this year. My advice is to stay as active as you can. I have slightly reduced sensation in my big toes but otherwise no discernable diabetic damage. I play golf three times a week and ski for a week every year.

Reactions: azure
M

mist

About 29 :joyful:

Dunno, I didn't really get diagnosed, I just asked the nurse in hospital if I was diabetic and she said "of course"

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
17, in this December.

@Emma3312 , u can ask any questions here, people r very nice and helpful ! :) I too have a bunch of questions still. We r here to learn. :)

ScottyWalks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've found it really reassuring to read this thread and realise how many people are diagnosed as adults. I was diagnosed two days before my 37th birthday and ever since that I've been told many times how unusual it is to be diagnosed T1 at my age.

bobneil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The timing sucks. I was just getting back into strength training and trying to bulk up on a high-carb diet of course...

johnbear2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
conservative polititicians
I was diagnosed type 1 diabetes when I turned 30,although diabetic consultant said I could have been diabetic for years before that

C-Mack

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 38. Diagnosed almost 2 years ago. They went back and forth between Type 1 and Type 2 because of my age. Endocrinologist confirmed Type 1 on March 18th.