What are you baking for Christmas?

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looking at the statistics on my blog right now, everybody is baking, or at least looking at recipes :) Whats your dessert menu this Christmas? I'm looking for some inspirations and new ideas. What would like to have in low carb version?

Reactions: 2 people

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love your blog I really want to try some of your baking ideas. However it would be great if you could tell us where you can buy the ingredients, I am just starting off , love your low carb mince pies but feel that it would take me ages getting all the ingredients together. You might even get sponsership from the supermarkets. Mary Berry betterr watch out !

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I love your blog I really want to try some of your baking ideas. However it would be great if you could tell us where you can buy the ingredients, I am just starting off , love your low carb mince pies but feel that it would take me ages getting all the ingredients together. You might even get sponsership from the supermarkets. Mary Berry betterr watch out !
Thanks Mike :) They are quite easily available. Ground almond in any supermarket, coconut and soy flour flour and xantan gum in Holland&Barett (or any other health store or online), erythritol online. I put the link on my blog to the cheapest erythritol I could find but if youre in a rush buy xylitol (health store) or replace it with Splenda

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks..I think I will start with the lemon cake. Your recipies are a form of therapy … I am a late joiner to the T1 club. Your recipes made me realise that I could still foods that I used to eat before..I know I can still eat foods in moderation but your low carb recipes allow me to eat more !!!!!

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Baked no base orange cheesecake (loosely based on a lemon and poppyseed one I usually make)' also a chocolate roulade with peanut cream inside. Plus a Xmas pudding for the in-laws and hubby!

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chocolate mousse cheesecake and flax seed crackers (several batches I suspect).

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I made a honey and saffron Christmas cake and gave it away - sob.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I made a baked lemon cheesecake (New York style) made with Longley full fat cottage cheese, full fat creme fraiche, full fat soft cheese, double cream and lemon zest which I'm having instead of Christmas pud. Yum!

mikeg1964

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So last week I made the lemon cake, it was very good as a first attempt at banking after many decades !

In attempt to achieve perfection..I found there was a slight bitter taste..I was wondering if this was due to using splenda as the sugar substitute. Have you any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1451914380190.jpg
    1451914380190.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 201