What did you eat today?

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
35g choco shreddies and semi skimmed milk and a banana/
What SW call FREE. I made rice pudding using diet cream soda and candarel= scrummy
A frittata type thing. Spring onions, mushrooms, onions, peppers + ripped up 100% beef beefburgers , Sprayed with frylight and all in a foil covered dish in the oven for 30 mins.I was emptying the freezer otherwise I was going to get low fat cumberland sausages.
Uncover and whisk up 6 eggs, pour over and cook for another 30 mins or so.
Half eaten with SW chips and salad.
SW chips are baked in the oven sprayed with frylight and they are FREE on SW
Later I ate half a melon and an ACTIVIa 0% rhubarb yoghurt.
I am lucky , I don't test numbers. My numbers since I started SW have reduced /

C

catherinecherub

I've never been to Slimming World but would be interested to know if what you ate is considered diabetic friendly by SW.

You say you don't test your numbers, is that through choice or because you do not have a tester?

Reactions: 2 people

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't test through choice.
The diabetic friendly bit is unique to each diabetic.
I made a conscious choice to go with the flow of SW after discussion with my diabetic nurse.
Losing 3 st and eating a wide, balanced diet made my numbers and weight drop considerably so for me the plan works.
To=day I ate shreddies + banana, leftover frittata and salad with extra chicken, half a melon + muller light greek yoghurt, M& S iced and spiced bun, enormous jkt potato with light cheese and marmite, salad + a large bowl of fresh pineapple. My aim is to cover 0.75 of the plate with what are called superfree veg.
In six weeks my aim is to lose another stone.
By the way I take warfarin too so I have to watch things like green stuff and not eat other things.
SW is all about eating a wide and balanced range of foods and not depriving yourself of the odd treat as when it is needed.
The SW magazine and /or web-site gives a good picture of what SW is all about.
Hardly any weighing needed and no calorie counting.

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Well my daily food was, 1 spoon of blue berries,I turn them into pulp as the seeds get under my teeth. one apple 150 gms. bran and milk 180 gms.
Lunch, two slices of welt bread spread with low fat cheese 166gms.
Dinner. sprouts and steamed fish total 400 grams mostly the greens followed with a 100 grams of Strawberries eaten slowly.
six pints of water and one pint mug of tea without sugar and milk, I did fancy Chicken and rice but saw it is heavy on the carbs so it went in the bin as I am trying to lose weight before I see the Doc in may, should I count the calories or the weight?

kjnair19

I am type 2 diebetic.mydaily foodplan is ,morning 5.30 one cup green tea and half slice apple and then go for 45 minutes walk.9am break fast wheat dosa oR ragi steam cake,for lunch I eat 2chappthies ,one spoon rice,and salad.At 4pm one cup tea anyone chappathi and on green banana.supper at8pm ,two chappathies with veg curry. I am 68 ,5.8" weigh 78 kg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

phyden

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
Hello, I enjoyed your mail, I wish I could walk for 45mins, I tend to spend most nights trotting to the loo every two house and I rise at 6-00am
do a blood pressure check I average 139-60-68 but well not sure it is good I do use my bike in my bedroom and do five miles each morning as well I cannot walk far, I can manage my local shop about 50 meters . I am aged 83 5-7,1/2" and started off at 80kg on January 27 2014. at present I managed to get down too 74.8 as of Sunday I only get weighed on a Sunday morning.

what are Chappathies or Ragi steam cake, I only each three meals a day but drink lots of water I too am type 2