What do i do im 17

Keltak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When my parents about my health issues, I would like to be crazy to open up and do not accept my illness. I can not talk to anyone about it. God, what do i do

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

Hi Keltak and welcome to the forum.

This forum is a good place to open up as we are all virtual people. You can share your worries here and there are plenty of Type 1s ready to answer any questions and give you advice. Lots of people here were diagnosed in their teens and it is a difficult enough time for anyone without the added worry of a diagnosis of diabetes but many have been able to enjoy their lives and not let diabetes rule who they are.
Hope this helps,

CC.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Talk to us, we all understand. There will be some teens along soon to say hello.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As Catherine says the forum is a good place to open up yet remain anonymous, failing that have a chat with your diabetes nurse or consultant about your feelings as they are there to help you.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What country do you live in Keltak?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Turkey and u

Thanks Keltak. We do have some members of a similar age to yourself and will probably help you out, hopefully they'll see your posts and respond.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When my parents about my health issues, I would like to be crazy to open up and do not accept my illness. I can not talk to anyone about it. God, what do i do

Hello, it is hard when parents do not understand how you feel. Just keep telling them

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You might have to tell them a few times for them to understand. Just don't do it once

Hebe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya ,I'm 15 and had diabetes for 3 years now.
I get your issue with talking to parents I find it pretty much impossible! Feel free to message me if you'd like :)

cireen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey and ugh ikr I understand what u mean totally! Also I love love love Turkey u r so lucky! Which city?

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Hej @amar1921,

Gdje si ti / sta ima?

Samo malo - moje Bosanski njie dobro sada (ne govorim prjie 1997).

Kako Mostar sada? Volim te Stari Most! (Volim Bosna i Sarajevo - mnoge dobre dan!)

Zasto Luton Town FC???

For those of you who don't read/write/speak "Serbo-Croat" / "Bosnian", I'll translate my awful blurb:

Hi @amar1921,

How's it going / what's happening?

I'm sorry - my Bosnian is not good now (I've not spoken it since 1997).

How is Mostar now? I loved the old bridge! (I loved Bosnia and Sarajevo - many happy days there!)

Why Luton town FC???

Anyway, don't mind me - I'm just reminiscing and loving how technology can bring people together from around the world to share a problem and help get it sorted!

Good luck @Keltak - I hope they will listen (sometimes we parents do open our ears :rolleyes:)

Reactions: 2 people