What do we want from our forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Grh

I think I might join you ...... Cheers ! :D :D :D everything in moderation of course .......

Hobnoblin

I've lurked on here for a number of years and it is only now that I feel that this is a forum I'd like to join. The constant arguing here and sniping at other forums or blogs elsewhere was really off putting to be honest. I do understand that there has been a lot of ill feeling for whatever reason, but dwelling on it can't be good for the forum or healthy for those involved. I don't think the forum can progress if we keep harping back to past events. Perhaps it's time we just put all that nonsense behind us and look to the future???

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hobnoblin said:
The constant arguing here and sniping at other forums or blogs elsewhere was really off putting to be honest... Perhaps it's time we just put all that nonsense behind us and look to the future???

Couldn't agree more Hobnoblin, now if you can just persuade Eddie to stop ridiculing the members here on his blog everything will be fine :lol:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Curiosity killed the cat (not skinned :lol: )Sid . If we dont read any blogs that we think may be putting somebody down instead of building us all up we wont get upset and where there is no fuel the fire goes out.This is one of my favorite sayings so no apology for quoting it again.
CAROL

Hobnoblin

Sid Bonkers said:
Couldn't agree more Hobnoblin, now if you can just persuade Eddie to stop ridiculing the members here on his blog everything will be fine :lol:

But this is the point. I have no idea who Eddie is but it seems that nobody wants to draw the line. Those people get referred to here, they post on a blog, people here respond, blah, blah, blah it's a never ending circle!
:(

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
carty said:
Curiosity killed the cat (not skinned :lol: )Sid . If we dont read any blogs that we think may be putting somebody down instead of building us all up we wont get upset and where there is no fuel the fire goes out.This is one of my favorite sayings so no apology for quoting it again.
CAROL

Easier said that done Carol, especially if you do know that someone is spreading malicious lies about you and ridiculing you at every opportunity. Sometimes you just can't walk away from things and have to stand up for yourself, otherwise your (false) reputation will follow you everywhere.

Just imagine joining another forum under the same nick and people ask you if you are the "same carty that people are laughing at". I don't think you can just shrug that off and carry on as nothing has happened. Trying to explain to people doesn't always work either.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We mustnot let ourselves down by sinking to their low level nothing annoys people who want an argument more than there being no one to argue with. Perhaps if people want to know if Iam the one being laughed at just :wink: and let them think
CAROL

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
carty said:
We mustnot let ourselves down by sinking to their low level nothing annoys people who want an argument more than there being no one to argue with. Perhaps if people want to know if Iam the one being laughed at just :wink: and let them think
CAROL

There are many different ways to annoy people apart from ignoring them, one way is to give them a taste of their own medicine and see how they like it.

You are right though "nothing annoys people who want an argument more than there being no one to argue with"...especially when they been locked out and that's the truth of it.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Carol
There are some of us who have pride in what we do, resent the fact that others seem to think that from the safety of their PC they can insult, ridicule and tell lies about others. Not just me but friends of mine. What sort of person does that make me if I did not defend them, defend myself ?

I know who and what I am, who and what my friends are. The idiot and his friends are worthy of nothing but contempt yet there are people here who seek to portray such people as some sort of nice but misunderstood people. They were rightly removed from this forum by the previous Administrator who himself was roundly abused by them for daring to defend the members here.

I know of at least one person who is considering legal action against these cowards, these bullies. They think they are untouchable. Ka-mon is seeing for himself just what the idiot will do, the first shots in his sad little war against certain members of this forum. As far as I am concerned I don't smile sweetly at such people. I never have and never will.

I have my own standards and stand by my friends whatever the cost, just me ......

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
"The Idiot" is not bringing this ridiculousnessto this forum.

YOU guys are. Threads are being locked because of YOU guys - not because of him.

If it's a battle, he's winning without hardly lifting a finger.

josie38

Well said patch.....all this nonsense is continuing because certain members have to bring into every forum and pop off about it.

By giving it a voice on here the problem will never go disipate......

Josie

cugila

Master
Dislikes
josie38 said:
Well said patch.....all this nonsense is continuing because certain members have to bring into every forum and pop off about it.

By giving it a voice on here the problem will never go disipate......

Josie

Well said Josie - we all really must take an impartial view of all this for the good of the forum. If it hadn't been allowed on here in the first place nobody would feel they needed to comment on it. However, as its in the soapbox where more leeway used to be allowed you would have thought that the lovers of free speech would be happy to see a full and frank exchange of views between members who wish to make comments.

Personally I would like to see this thread put to bed as some of the comments are distasteful to an old friend and ex member. :|

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

I honestly do not see what the big problem is! There is no argument amongst members going on here, it's just a discussion like any other, a little heated perhaps but no worse than when we complain/discuss about politicians/doctors/nurses or next door neighbour. AND same as in any discussion/argument it's the individual persons choice if he/she wants to read it or take part in it, those who don't will, as has been mentioned here, ignore it.

I don't see the difference in discussing a certain person or persons than discussing anyone else whom we'd like to complain about (ie: NHS, Politcians, HCP or whatever), as long as it stays a discussion and does not turn into a big argument amongst the forum members I don't see any harm in.

frenchkittie

Agree with Josie, Patch and Raydavies.

A scab will never get better if you keep picking at it.

Stick a plaster on it and put it away, it's the mature thing to do.

josie38

i was just agreeing with what patch said.......

Nobody mentioned arguments ka-moon..

Ken - i know its in the soapbox but surely i am allowed to agree with another member and have an opinion......

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

josie38 said:
Nobody mentioned arguments ka-moon..

I know they didn't josie, I was just saying that as long as we don't start argueing amongst ourselves than a discussion about anyone who is not a member of this forum should be allowed.

Think I'll change my name to "Alfie" now and join Eastenders. :lol: (sorry, coudn't resist)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Jo
In my view of course you should be able to voice your opinion here. Not sure what the new Administrators view on that would be as we frequently were reminded to be impartial as we would possibly have to moderate the members posts etc.

Something you should take up with him I think.

You have my full support in whatever you do here, even if you end up banning me ! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.