what does everyone use to get cannula sticky plaster off?

weeezer

morning

i had my accu-chek combo pump 'fitted' on weds, i am very bewildered with it all, lots of info to take in etc. anyway i have a telephone consultation booked in to talk to my doc today about adjusting my rpt prescription - for new insulin, test strips and lancets. (has anyone had any trouble getting more strips? i used 12 yest so need 6 boxes to get me through month, is this excessive? am i likely to be refused?)

and i have noticed that the very sticky cannula plaster is very adhesive, is there anything anyone uses that aids the removal of it? i am a bit premature here but think there will be a sore patch where the plaster has been, what will ease this?

any advise gratefully received!

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Re: what does everyone use to get cannula sticky plaster off

This might not appeal to everybody but lighter fuel will remove almost all oil-based adhesives. I have used it on my skin for at least 55 years with no ill effect. Also removes those confounded sticky labels on plates, etc., with no trace.

iHs

To remove the infusion set fairly easily use LiftPlus, Niltac etc. Get some free samples of the spray and you'll be ok. To remove any set residue left on the skin after youve removed it, use surgical spirit, pre injection alcohol swab (ebay for cheapness). Baby oil can also work but be careful to remove it as it prevent the next infusion set from sticking ok.

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi,

I'm on the omnipod pump, I'm not sure how sticky these ones are compared to what you use, but in my case its a case of sheer will power to remove mine. Sometimes they can be very hard and painful to remove but I don't use nor have been given any other creams/gels etc to help remove them.

What I do find is that if the time of changing the site (every 3 days) happens to be early morning, then I find soaking the current site in the shower makes it a lot easier to remove. (I use my arms so alternate the site from left to right etc)

Pneu

The Animas Insets that I have been using aren't to bad to get off and I have been using uni-solve to remove the residue.

karla0304

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Hi there all

I have been using a pump for over 10 years and have found the best thing is acetone. It disolves the glue left on the skin.

Hope this helps

Karla

Debloubed

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
When people say 'Pacific' instead of 'Specific' :-)

I have the Accu Chek pump and I don't use anything to get the 'sticky stuff' off as there is zero residue left (on me). I was, however, sent some samples of sprays to remove such residue via my pump rep. Never used them though! Hope you have the same luck :D

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I have been using the Accu Check pump for 8 months now, I also use the LiftPlus swabs, they work really well.

Made by Opus Healthcare, order code 5502 and your GP can prescribe them for you.

blaidd

Hi, sounds ridiculous I know but I use a squirt of WD40. Good luck

Popgoulty

Hi, I use Pelican Release Spray to get the cannulas loose from the skin. It makes them easy to remove and a lot less painfull. There is very little residue left and any there is can be removed with a Steret. A bonus is its available on prescription too.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*

The kindest solvent for skin adhesives is butter ... gently rub it over the gunge and it will slowly loose its grip, but let stubborn patches soak for a while.

pj77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

You can get lift plus spray from your g.p on prescripton

johnny37

They do stick quite well as you would not want it falling off. I find no prob removing it jusy by lifting the edge with a fingernail and pulling. As regards your test sticks, ten a day is not excessive at all. As far as I am aware you should expect to do more tests with a pump. I order twenty boxes at a time and my gp has always been happy to prescribe them. But try not using them 'just because you can' without reason.